Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 01-15-2014, 06:01 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kweisner View Post
Days of envy are numbered, Snipe! Relocating to Minneapolis this summer so have to leverage my last months in the south as much as possible.
We should connect. We are moving to Rochester which is 1 1/2 hours from the cities.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:03 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 ProStar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kweisner View Post
So, we've already done a nine year stint in Minnesota, and last time we moved there from S. Florida. I'm already commuting there every other week and got to "enjoy" the remarkable cold the first week of Jan (minus 37).

I think the anticipation and all the hassle of yet another move is worse than the outcome. But I'll surely miss taking the boat out all year long and not having to winterize. We also have a great lake here that's uncrowded and has very little wind chop--my concern is the Minneapolis lakes are crowded during the season.

Tell me, what's the earliest you can get in the water up there without a wetsuit? Or maybe I really don't want to know. .
Without a wet suit?????? Maybe you don't want to know.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:57 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
I did some more wet sanding and buffing. I also attempted to repair the gouge from my dad's encounter drifting into the prop on his pontoon while the pontoon was on the lift. The color match is not perfect as there has been some sun yellowing, and it is better after wet sanding, but still a little off. My biggest issue are the little pin hole air bubbles that have shown up after wet sanding. If I had the correct color gel coat, then fixing that problem would not be an issue. I have no after pic yet, but it looks a little better than the before as pictured below. It is kind of difficult to tell, but that gouge is about 5.5".

I looked at some pics of the boat before I bought it and realized how much I have done to clean it up, which made me feel pretty good, but I still have a long way to go before it gets to the point where I am satisfied, (MCOCD). Currently, all seats are pulled up, including drivers seat and I have cleaned all undersides of the seats. I have even removed the rear hatches from the hinges, which should help make buffing around the hatches a little easier. It looks like a mess now, but it will look nice later.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:01 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC2MC View Post
I did some more wet sanding and buffing. I also attempted to repair the gouge from my dad's encounter drifting into the prop on his pontoon while the pontoon was on the lift. The color match is not perfect as there has been some sun yellowing, and it is better after wet sanding, but still a little off. My biggest issue are the little pin hole air bubbles that have shown up after wet sanding. If I had the correct color gel coat, then fixing that problem would not be an issue. I have no after pic yet, but it looks a little better than the before as pictured below. It is kind of difficult to tell, but that gouge is about 5.5".

I looked at some pics of the boat before I bought it and realized how much I have done to clean it up, which made me feel pretty good, but I still have a long way to go before it gets to the point where I am satisfied, (MCOCD). Currently, all seats are pulled up, including drivers seat and I have cleaned all undersides of the seats. I have even removed the rear hatches from the hinges, which should help make buffing around the hatches a little easier. It looks like a mess now, but it will look nice later.

ouch! on that gouge
Old 01-15-2014, 07:38 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: mastercraft prostar 190 1992 w/powerslot
reinforced the back side of my engine vent/cup holder and dropped all the seat base cushions at an upholstery shop for new skins. Oh ya and dropped my oj prop off to have it refurbished . My dogs are shedding like mad so spring must be coming
Old 01-15-2014, 08:22 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Prostar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRue View Post
We should connect. We are moving to Rochester which is 1 1/2 hours from the cities.

I appreciate the offer and will reach out when we've got the logistics and timing figured out. . .lots to do to make it happen!
Old 01-15-2014, 09:35 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
ouch! on that gouge
My dad felt horrible. He told me to get an estimate to get it fixed but I thought I would give it a try before I went that route.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X1
Updated steering wheel center cap on my X1. The one it came with wasn't staying in and probably wouldn't have lasted the summer without my kids throwing it overboard. How do you guys think this looks compared to the aluminum/black wheel?

Old 01-19-2014, 11:29 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MC
Awesome! Where did you get it?
Old 01-20-2014, 06:23 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallen View Post
Updated steering wheel center cap on my X1. The one it came with wasn't staying in and probably wouldn't have lasted the summer without my kids throwing it overboard. How do you guys think this looks compared to the aluminum/black wheel?

That looks great!