Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > Wanted to Buy

Old 01-07-2014, 04:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 MasterCraft X2
Wtb: 2007-2012 X2

It looks like the in-laws will NOT be leaving their lake house so it's time for a boat upgrade.

I'm looking to buy a 2007 or newer Mastercraft X2. 2006's with the picklefork bow are okay. It should at least have the MCX engine, Perfect Pass, all mooring/towing covers, and original equipment. I'd prefer one with an attitude adjustment plate, speakers, and heater. Newer boats with the Ilmor are okay. I'm located in WA state but will consider boats anywhere but FL. No salt water! I'm not interested in rebuilt or damaged boats or fixer uppers. Please reply with the year of your X2, engine model/hours (approx), equipment/options, and trailer type. Pictures would be helpful or a link to your listing. I'm also looking on boat trader and onlyinboards.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:42 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
You still haven't bought a boat?
Thought you had one picked out a couple years ago when you checked out mine.
Good luck with your search. Right time of year to buy.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 01-08-2014, 10:10 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
It's actually starting to get late in the season here. Our first boat show is the first week of February and most guys will be looking to start the new boat purchase process or looking for the trade ins. Can be a hot or cold time depending on the market demand. The last couple years I've seen the price for X2s going up and once a dealer gets them expect to pay full retail.

I got a note from the CC and MC dealers asking if I was looking to trade or sell last year. At the time they really didn't care which as they had a line of people looking for good boats. Should be interesting to see where we are this year.

Good luck with your quest.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:13 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
You still haven't bought a boat?
Thought you had one picked out a couple years ago when you checked out mine.
Good luck with your search. Right time of year to buy.
Yeah, shortly after that time the in-laws said they may need to move from their lake home. It didn't make any sense at that point to rush into buying a boat but now it's looking like a green light.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

May have found a boat. Nice X2 in Florida. Only problem will be the cost of shipping it to Seattle. That sucks, but the boat so far looks good. I will be getting more information by Monday including detailed pictures, hull ID, trailer serial number, etc. I don't know the hours on the boat yet, but am hoping they will be appropriate for a boat of this age.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentiman View Post
It looks like the in-laws will NOT be leaving their lake house so it's time for a boat upgrade.

I'm looking to buy a 2007 or newer Mastercraft X2. 2006's with the picklefork bow are okay. It should at least have the MCX engine, Perfect Pass, all mooring/towing covers, and original equipment. I'd prefer one with an attitude adjustment plate, speakers, and heater. Newer boats with the Ilmor are okay. I'm located in WA state but will consider boats anywhere but FL. No salt water! I'm not interested in rebuilt or damaged boats or fixer uppers. Please reply with the year of your X2, engine model/hours (approx), equipment/options, and trailer type. Pictures would be helpful or a link to your listing. I'm also looking on boat trader and onlyinboards.
Not all Mastercrafts in Florida are run on salt water... there are MANY fresh water lakes in central Florida and MANY boats here that has never seen the ocean or canals. You might just be missing out on a buying opportunity....just my humble and honest opinion. Good luck with your search! You'll know when the right one comes along...It's going to be the one who keeps you up at night and talks to you while you're trying to sleep...and you'll end up getting no sleep until you get to take it out for that first magical run. All of the guys here know what I'm talking about and most will agree that we have serious love affairs with our boats. Thank God for the wives and girlfriends who get it... without them we'd all be single AND STILL HAVING A BLAST ON OUR BOATS
Old 01-09-2014, 05:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentiman View Post
May have found a boat. Nice X2 in Florida. Only problem will be the cost of shipping it to Seattle. That sucks, but the boat so far looks good. I will be getting more information by Monday including detailed pictures, hull ID, trailer serial number, etc. I don't know the hours on the boat yet, but am hoping they will be appropriate for a boat of this age.
Glad to see you've broadened your search! I live in South Florida and found my X2 in Virginia. I picked up my new truck from the dealer, hit the highway and drove through the night to get there in the morning, hitched the trailer and immediatedly hit the road back home. I took a 3 hour power nap at truck stop and arrived back home with a huge smile on my face. The crap we'll do when the bug bites goes beyond telling Here's a pic I took right after I hooked the trailer and getting ready to head back.
Attached Images

Old 01-14-2014, 03:08 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2012 x15
http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ559007529

Take note this is CAD price - deal price down a bit with today's exchange rate I bet you could get it for $60k'ish USD
Old 01-14-2014, 04:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: NA
We have a 2012 X-2 with the new Ilmor and two point tower for sale.

http://www.redlinewatersports.com/mastercraft-x2-2012/

Send me an email if you would like more details.