Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 01-10-2014, 10:19 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: mastercraft prostar 190 1992 w/powerslot
That being said I get the point
Old 01-10-2014, 10:22 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Might be worth a compression check to rule out engine. Then again, now would be a good time to box up a prop and send it ti Eric at OJ to get it checked.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Packages Starting at $569
4 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $319
2 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 01-11-2014, 12:06 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 79 S&S, 87 Prostar Powerslot, 95 Maristar 200VRS
Send a message via Yahoo to ahhudgins
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
Might be worth a compression check to rule out engine. Then again, now would be a good time to box up a prop and send it ti Eric at OJ to get it checked.
X2 on getting the prop checked. Meant to send mine out last winter so I'm going to pull it this weekend. It's pouring down rain but it gives me an excuse to work on the boat
Old 01-14-2014, 06:38 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Malibu LXI
Aaaah while you are all somewhat correct you need to look at the problem from a different view.

You have a resonant vibration issue. There are lots of vibrations happening in the boat, some are small, so much that you cannot even feel them...... What you need to do is change the resonant frequency, your prop etc may all be in tolerance, but the combination of all or some may combine at a particular frequency.

So, what to do, change the frequency, you can do this and you do do this when you throttle the engine. What you need to do is change the frequency at which the mirror resonates......remove the mirror glass from the housing and glue or attach a lead weight to one corner, maybe try two corners and use say fishing sinkers, get reasonably large ones that you can hide in the housing, do some experiments, I think you will find some success, try it.
This is a common fix on car mirrors that may suffer the same sort of vibration issue.
Regards
Old 01-14-2014, 11:05 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-25 6.2 Ilmore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricford View Post
My guess is that there is a vibration from the drive. The whole boat is vibrating, it just shows in the mirror. Check your prop for nicks, check shaft alignment, etc.
I agree. Once on my 99 190 the mirror started vibrating badly. Ended up we had ever so slightly bent the prop on some sandy bottom. It was a very minor grounding so I didn't think anything of it. But it showed up in the mirror...