Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > Wanted to Buy

Old 01-09-2014, 11:56 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X15 350 MCX
215/75R14 trailer rated tire for spare

I am looking for a decent used tire to make into a spare for my trailer (215/75R14). I already have a matching Mastercraft rim, just need a good tire. As long as the tread has around half left and no abnormal wear patterns that would be fine. Definitely needs to be a trailer rated tire.

Thanks
Old 01-09-2014, 12:00 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Be sure to check the date code on the sidewall of the tire. I always encourage not using trailer tires more than five seasons in order to avoid roadside tire changes.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $629
4 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $379
2 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 2 ST215/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND. $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 01-09-2014, 12:29 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk View Post
I am looking for a decent used tire to make into a spare for my trailer (215/75R14). I already have a matching Mastercraft rim, just need a good tire. As long as the tread has around half left and no abnormal wear patterns that would be fine. Definitely needs to be a trailer rated tire.

Thanks

I have three I will taking off my trailer and will be selling soon. Two are identical (not sure what they are since I am out of town) and in good shape and the third I believe is a Carlisle (Spell??). Let me know.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 01-09-2014, 03:09 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X15 350 MCX
Peter - Thanks for the info in your PM. The tires on my trailer now are the original ones, so they are at least 7 years old. I am the second owner. The original owner only lived a 1/2 mile from his boat ramp, so my tread is still probably 75%. I am pushing it with 7 year old tires, but I would like to get one more year on them. (I just bought this boat in September, so I would like to defer some cost out to keep the wife off my back.) I only have to drive about 2 miles to my ramp and the speed limit is 35MPH. So, hopefully over that distance and low speed, I can stretch out another season. Knock on wood.

DoubleD - Yea, I would be interested, just PM me some pics and a price when you have a chance. I won't be moving the boat out until mid-March anyway.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:18 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Peter - Thanks for the info in your PM. The tires on my trailer now are the original ones, so they are at least 7 years old. I am the second owner. The original owner only lived a 1/2 mile from his boat ramp, so my tread is still probably 75%. I am pushing it with 7 year old tires, but I would like to get one more year on them. (I just bought this boat in September, so I would like to defer some cost out to keep the wife off my back.) I only have to drive about 2 miles to my ramp and the speed limit is 35MPH. So, hopefully over that distance and low speed, I can stretch out another season. Knock on wood.

DoubleD - Yea, I would be interested, just PM me some pics and a price when you have a chance. I won't be moving the boat out until mid-March anyway.
Will do. Could be a week or so so bug me if you dont hear from me.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 01-10-2014, 01:01 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:

Sounds like you will be pretty safe pushing the limits.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $629
4 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $379
2 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 2 ST215/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND. $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com