Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 01-02-2014, 07:06 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: None
Changing Gauges

Hi all,

This is my first post and the first time I will own my own Mastercraft, so please excuse my lack of knowledge.

I am looking at purchasing a 2011 x14v in Australia. My question pertains to the gauges on the boat, I believe the video display gauge is standard on this year and model but the boat I'm interested in has analogue gauges.

I did find one forum where US owners where preferentially choosing this option, but I was not clear on why? If I go ahead and purchase this boat, how technically difficult is it to change to the video display gauge? Am I correct in the assumption that it will depend on whether the analogue gauge was put on after market or not and hence whether the internal wiring is there? Is changing the gauges something people would suggest doing? Or should I just settle for analogue gauges?

Thanks in advance,
Old 01-02-2014, 07:16 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Welcome to the forum.

We'll have to wait for the some of the other experts chime in.

If it works I would leave it. the concern was long term reliability. will the boat run if the display fails is the question I always had.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:46 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: mastercraft prostar 190 1992 w/powerslot
welcome to the forum and congrats on the new boat .