Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 12-23-2013, 04:42 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC2MC View Post
Yes, that is exactly what I was looking for! I am waiting to finish that until I pick up a pack or two. Thanks for the suggestion.
Don't be a cheap-o. Buy a bottle with a brush applicator and use it like there is no tomorrow. I put that stuff on threaded connections and hose connections as well. Anything you don't want stuck, use this stuff.

A packet... Made me laugh a little... dammit boy... step up...

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 12-23-2013, 05:02 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 ProStar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Don't be a cheap-o. Buy a bottle with a brush applicator and use it like there is no tomorrow. I put that stuff on threaded connections and hose connections as well. Anything you don't want stuck, use this stuff.
+1+1+1 use it on everything
Old 12-23-2013, 05:04 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:

Make it so...lmbo...
Old 12-23-2013, 06:04 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: pontoon
Quote:

shoot man! ive been wrenching professionally since 1988. I bought my last 12 oz bottle in 2000 and its still got a 3rd left I think i'll leave it to my son in my will as it just might outlast me
Old 12-24-2013, 09:34 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Quote:

HAHA! If I can ever get my pin from my swinging tongue unstuck, I will use a good bit of it there.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:30 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 Tristar 190 Sport (Closed Bow), 351W w/ GT-40's
Bolt length

Quote:
And Home Depot did not have the 1.25" regular steel or stainless bolt. I got a 1.5" stainless instead, hoping that it will work. I guess I will find out soon enough. They also did not carry anti seize. Auto parts store has it but it isn't cheap.
You may want to carefully check the tap depth of the holes, thickness of riser at holes, gasket, & lock washer thicknesses as compared to your bolt length. On mine, 1-1/2" long wouldn't work, they'd bottom out in the hole prior to getting tight. I've seen where 1" is often called for, but that didn't look like enough threads to grab for me. I'd get the 1-1/4" length.

I also used a regular hex head style stainless steel bolt. Socket head stainless steel was what came out. Much easier to install and tighten. Of course with some anti-seize.

Last edited by MikeyOrange88; 12-24-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:08 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyOrange88 View Post
You may want to carefully check the tap depth of the holes, thickness of riser at holes, gasket, & lock washer thicknesses as compared to your bolt length. On mine, 1-1/2" long wouldn't work, they'd bottom out in the hole prior to getting tight. I've seen where 1" is often called for, but that didn't look like enough threads to grab for me. I'd get the 1-1/4" length.

I also used a regular hex head style stainless steel bolt. Socket head stainless steel was what came out. Much easier to install and tighten. Of course with some anti-seize.
Yeah, I looked at mine and it looks like the 1.5" is not going to work. I may look into that hex bolt to see if there are any 1.25" bolts. Thanks.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:30 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
HAHA! If I can ever get my pin from my swinging tongue unstuck, I will use a good bit of it there.
CC sounds like a personal problem there..
Old 12-24-2013, 06:32 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLA View Post
shoot man! ive been wrenching professionally since 1988. I bought my last 12 oz bottle in 2000 and its still got a 3rd left I think i'll leave it to my son in my will as it just might outlast me
I have half a bottle from the mid-'80s and I'm not sure when that will be used up. Definitely worth the money. I especially like the brown poi that floats to the top if it's not used.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:40 AM
MC Devotee

I got the anti seize and some bolts today. I was unable to get the stainless hex cap bolts that I wanted and ended up just replacing like for like. Both HD and Lowes did not have the 1.25" bolts in the hex cap. They went from 1" up to 1.5" but nothin in between. Anyway, I went ahead and put a coat of high temp engine paint on the heads of the new bolts as a little extra insurance as well as stainless lock washers, which seemed to be the main issue anyway. I put a little paint on a couple spots on the risers that had some rust too. Looks better even if they aren't stainless.