Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 06-22-2014, 07:41 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 08 X-2 MCX
08 Tandem Axle Trailer Brake Question

It seems as though I've lost my brakes on my trailer for my 08 X-2. They worked fine Memorial Day weekend and now I can take the coupler and slide it in & out approximately 1" by hand. The trailer is in mint condition, no blown lines, bad pads etc. just noticed this Thursday that i don't believe they're working properly. I've never owned anything with surge brakes so any help here is greatly appreciated!!!
Old 06-23-2014, 08:17 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Have you used the folding tongue recently? It's not uncommon for the flex line to get pinched which can cause some strange problems.

If not then start by checking your brake fluid. Is it full? If so then you probably have an issue with the master cylinder. It could be a bad shock or a bad diaphragm. If you're low on fluid you'll need to find out where the fluid went. Most times if you you're losing fluid it going past the seal in the caliper or one of the flex lines is leaking.

If you have the MC trailer I believe they were still using Reliable in 08. If so repairs are going to be tough without converting to the UFP set up as parts are getting scarce for Reliable products.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:37 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 08 X-2 MCX
All good

Got it fixed, thanks. Reset tab on break-away needed put back in place.