Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 02-15-2014, 11:17 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2007 X1
Considering V205/X2/X1 - Advice Requested

Hello all:

We are located in Spokane WA. We have decided to make the plunge into an inboard boat and have somewhat zeroed in on the V205/X2/X1 hull as (hopefully) within our budget $35K and meeting out needs (25% wake boarding, 25% tubing, 25% lounging, 10% skiing and hopefully being able to try wake surfing.

One question we had is can we make the boat have very little wake for beginning wake boarders?

Are we on the right track with looking at this boat?

Here is one:

http://boise.craigslist.org/bod/4323999390.html

This one is newer but has more hours and is probably out of our price range but maybe it's so much better we should try to stretch? I'd be interested in thoughts on that please:

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=41144

What other things should we consider, ask the dealers/owners about? Is a motor compression check necessary or advisable for purchase? How important is a water test (it's been a bit chilly lately)

I know these are newbie questions, please feel free to point me to other threads that I should consider. From what I've read you guys know A LOT about boats and I appreciate any advice.

Thanks much, Steve
Old 02-15-2014, 11:50 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 Xstar
Steve,

The '05 X2 has the MCX Motor 350 hp (upgrade) almost half the hours of the other (bonus)which has the base 310 hp Raptor motor. That X2 looks sharp, I like the colors.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:14 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X1
205v hull sounds like a good choice for you. I wouldn't worry about making the wake small for beginners. If the wake with no ballast is still intimidating to them you can always shorten the rope to get them a mellower wake that's not as steep and let them ride there until they get better.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:13 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Corey View Post
205v hull sounds like a good choice for you. I wouldn't worry about making the wake small for beginners. If the wake with no ballast is still intimidating to them you can always shorten the rope to get them a mellower wake that's not as steep and let them ride there until they get better.
On my PS190 that would have been true. On my X1, I'd lengthen the rope to reduce intimidation. No ballast and a light load will be fine. At kid-speed for wakeboarding (15mph), the rooster tail and more vertical wake might be more intimidating by shortening the rope.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:30 AM
TT Regular

Follow up

Hello all:

I really appreciate all the advice and knowledge here. I thought I should follow up. The boat in Boise was sold before I called. It sold at full price the day it was posted.

My wife and I decided that we wanted to move forward on the boat in Portland (we have been saving for years and our kids aren't getting any younger, it needed to happen this summer). I worked with Bryan and Pat at Northwest Boat Sports (they had the boat on consignment). They were very straightforward and easy to deal with. We worked out a price and added a heater (It's cold up here in the North). My brother and I drove to Portland to get it.

Here I am in Portland at first sight:

Name:  Boat - Portland.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  84.1 KB

Here we are heading back to Spokane:

Name:  Towing home.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  70.0 KB

And here it is drying out from a VERY rainy drive home in our garage:

Name:  Boat In garage.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  66.8 KB

I want to give further kudos to Pat and Bryan at Northwest Boat Sports. I had been reading everything I could here about the X1 and had seen some postings about the tower braces. Before I could even ask Bryan about them he texted me that they had added the braces for no additional charge because they thought it was the right thing to do! You don't see that every day.

Thanks much and I look forward to enjoying some time on the boat with my wonderful wife and kids this summer!

Cheers, Steve.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:13 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 Xstar
Nice boat Steve! Love the black! You're gonna enjoy that beauty. I often boat on
Coeur d' Alene Lake, maybe I'll see you out there, or the Spokane River, or the St. Joe
Old 03-21-2014, 10:09 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristarboarder View Post
Nice boat Steve! Love the black! You're gonna enjoy that beauty. I often boat on
Coeur d' Alene Lake, maybe I'll see you out there, or the Spokane River, or the St. Joe
Isn't the boat dark blue? At least the trailer seems to be.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:41 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 07 xstar
X2-X1 best all around boat in the used market
'05 looks clean should be able to pick it up in the low $30s
350 hp MCX, clamping swivel board racks, Perfect Pass, JL stereo system, tandem axel trailer w/ aluminum wheels. Pull the graphics and its a sharp boat
'07 is a nice boat with zero upgrades, the listed boat was the budget/entry level offering
310 hp standard board racks, no perfect pass, aftermarket stereo, sgl axel trailer w/steel wheels, not worth more than $30k
If you put the two of them side by side you'll most likely be driving away with the '05 at least that's what I would do

just researched a little and found this, offer low $30k, If I could I'd drive home with this one just for grins
http://onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=40941
Another '05 X2 for <30k
http://fyiboat.com/boats/boats-for-s...&city=Chehalis

Last edited by snork; 02-15-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:11 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
X2 on snorks opinion. Best used boat money can buy. Can take you from beginner wakes to advanced easily. The 05 x2 is also my choice due to the upgrades that will save you money long term.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X1
I just purchased a 08 X1, but I would also vote for the 05 X2. It has all the upgrades you are going to want long term.