Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 10-06-2013, 05:32 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Looking for my first one
Assistance please - 1991 MC Prostar 190

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and apologize in advance if I am putting this in the wrong part of the forum.

I have PM'd a few people who have or did have listed boats for sale, I am in search of my first and I am keen on an early 90's 190, although I have been recommended a 205 by one of the forum contributors so whilst I investigate the measurements of those I continue my search considering both

I live in Australia and have shipped plenty of cars for the USA but never a boat, anyway, the guy I trust to ship only ships from Gardena CA so I would prefer to source something from the West Coast to save on shipping something across the country!

So, after all of that, I have found this 1991 Prostar 190 listed on Craigslist in Phoenix, I am hoping some on here could provide some comment on both the boat and its price please?

Here is a link:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/boa/4109471377.html

I am a bit reluctant to attempt to contact the seller as they provide no source of contact other than through craigslist, I prefer to call and speak to the person (see, we are weary of scammers over here too )

Any comment would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Shane
Old 10-06-2013, 07:03 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Looks clean. I say give them your work number. There will obviously be plenty of questions to ask, so you'll need to talk with them anyway. U say let them pau, but don't give out your home number right away.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:17 AM
TT Newbie

Thanks for that, problem I have is the time difference between here and there, it's always easier for me to ring there as it is night time here when day time there, so it inconveniences me and not the seller
Old 10-06-2013, 09:14 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
They put the constrictions on IMO, let them deal with it.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:09 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrew View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and apologize in advance if I am putting this in the wrong part of the forum.

I have PM'd a few people who have or did have listed boats for sale, I am in search of my first and I am keen on an early 90's 190, although I have been recommended a 205 by one of the forum contributors so whilst I investigate the measurements of those I continue my search considering both

I live in Australia and have shipped plenty of cars for the USA but never a boat, anyway, the guy I trust to ship only ships from Gardena CA so I would prefer to source something from the West Coast to save on shipping something across the country!

So, after all of that, I have found this 1991 Prostar 190 listed on Craigslist in Phoenix, I am hoping some on here could provide some comment on both the boat and its price please?

Here is a link:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/boa/4109471377.html

I am a bit reluctant to attempt to contact the seller as they provide no source of contact other than through craigslist, I prefer to call and speak to the person (see, we are weary of scammers over here too )

Any comment would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Shane
Manual attached. Specs on pg 42
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 1991-1993_OwnersManual-PS190-PS205-ProSport205.pdf (1.84 MB, 101 views)

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 10-06-2013, 05:02 PM
TT Newbie

Thanks!! I'll have a look through that
Old 10-06-2013, 06:52 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190
Truly, that boat looks like a steal at that price. If I was on the west coast I would have jumped in the truck and knocked on their door already with cash in hand. I guess there is also the slight possibility it's some sort of CL scam, but it sure looks legit...

That said, to the original poster of this thread many/most folks on Craigslist don't put their phone numbers in their ads as the scammers will even call or text you. However if you send an email (with your phone number) through the Craigslist system the ad issuer will get the message and should get back to you. Still, if you are out of the country and your phone number is obviously overseas the seller may shy away but it doesn't hurt to try. Good luck.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:33 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1998 Maristar 200VRS
If you're still looking for help, I'm willing to go take a look at it for you. It's pretty much on my way to/from work.

/frank
Old 10-06-2013, 07:56 PM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankSchwab View Post
If you're still looking for help, I'm willing to go take a look at it for you. It's pretty much on my way to/from work.

/frank
That's a brilliant offer, thanks very much!!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:02 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '94 PS205 LT1
Looks like a steal to me. I'd email them with your number, but volunteer to call them on your dime once they give you their number.

Take frank up on his offer and tell the seller you want to have someone check it out ASAP.

Not sure how you could pull off a lake test, but may want to do that as well. Although if I remember, franks responses on here seem to be technical and good. You can look that up.

You can offer the seller extra cash or full pride offer if they help with the coordination of shipping to CA, which just needs to include them helping someone load it or hook it up...

Good luck. Looks like a sweet boat in good shape.