Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 09-24-2013, 01:01 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2001 Prostar 190, 2004 Prostar 205V (sold), 2000 Prostar 195 (sold)
1993 Stars and Stripes

I guess I may be taking a huge chance here in showing this but I've been looking for one and it just popped up. Can I ask you guys your off the cuff impression?
(1) Does it look correct and original?
(2) Pricing about right?
(3) Any specifics I need to be worry about?

I just sold my 2004 205V and the reason was I want the smallest and softest slalom ski wake there is. I've been a MC guy and don't want to get a Malibu.

http://youngstown.craigslist.org/boa/4072937906.html

Thanks for your input
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2013, 01:04 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1982 Skier19, Powerslot, 351PCM
Need more info.... price... hours... location ?
Old 09-24-2013, 01:06 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
More pics and info, like SK said.

Last edited by scott023; 09-24-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:18 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
As this boat is a ways from you, I would contact the seller and ask for more detailed and close up pictures to determine if the boat is as clean as it looks in the craigslist posting. Tandem trailer is a plus, boat looks clean and complete. Price for these is always at a premium. This price doesn't seem out of hand, although a 93 without the Stars & Stripes could be had for less and still have the same great slalom wake.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 09-24-2013, 11:47 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
As this boat is a ways from you, I would contact the seller and ask for more detailed and close up pictures to determine if the boat is as clean as it looks in the craigslist posting. Tandem trailer is a plus, boat looks clean and complete. Price for these is always at a premium. This price doesn't seem out of hand, although a 93 without the Stars & Stripes could be had for less and still have the same great slalom wake.
IIRC they played with engine placement a little in 93. WSM boat review noted that the S&S190 had the best wakes of the three. Granted this is quibbling over details. I was told that this was the placement used in the 94 ps190, which is widely regarded as one of the greatest slalom wakes ever. This could be bad info, but was told to me by a reasonably knowledgeable dealer.
That said, the tandem trailer is nice, and the bimini that will need glass work to cover the holes where they attached the hardware will cost a little extra, so I'd say those wash. Seems about right on the price from what I've seen. My brother drove from Michigan to Virginia to get his 93 S&S. You could ask him, but I don't think he's regretted it for a moment.
These boats turn heads like no other MasterCraft I've seen.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:34 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1993 PS 190 Stars and Stripes Pro Tour Edition
Interior is correct for a 93 S&S. Too bad it is not an LT-1 though; but still a very nice looking boat. Any word on whether it is a 'Slot or not? One thing I noticed is that this one has a double stripe of red flake above the waterline. Mine does not. This could be a mid year change at M/C? Of course I am partial to the 93's also
Old 09-24-2013, 01:06 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2001 Prostar 190, 2004 Prostar 205V (sold), 2000 Prostar 195 (sold)
http://youngstown.craigslist.org/boa/4072937906.html
Old 09-24-2013, 01:23 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 Sport
Looks like a nice boat. Even with low hours, it is old enough to have issues related to age so getting a mechanic to check out the motor and drive train would be in order. Also, seats look to me to have been redone? Someone else might know these boats better but seems like there should be a mastercraft emblem embroidered somewhere. That wouldn't be a big deal except that he says "all original" so he might not be the original owner and not really know the boat's history. I think 13K is priced on the higher end for that boat, especially in the Fall when you are looking at winterization then storage for 6 months before you use it.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:34 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
I bet he will take 11,500-1200 and that would be a steal. 12,500 is still a great price.

Low hours

No perfect pass but that can be added.

Boat is not faded and looks to be taken care of with OCD. Stored indoors.

Engine looks original.

I say go look at it. Drive it. Check the oil. Check the trans fluid. Watch the temp gauges.

No matter the case you know you're going to put in a new cap and rotor, new plugs, new impeller, fuel water separator, prolly new Tstat. It's just a good idea to do those things regardless and you know it is tuned up.

It's a nice boat priced decent. Negotiate dry storage for winter vs letting you have it now for 11,500 etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 09-24-2013, 01:41 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by drschemel View Post
Looks like a nice boat. Even with low hours, it is old enough to have issues related to age so getting a mechanic to check out the motor and drive train would be in order. Also, seats look to me to have been redone? Someone else might know these boats better but seems like there should be a mastercraft emblem embroidered somewhere. That wouldn't be a big deal except that he says "all original" so he might not be the original owner and not really know the boat's history. I think 13K is priced on the higher end for that boat, especially in the Fall when you are looking at winterization then storage for 6 months before you use it.
Observer seat bottom needs repair. The back seat has the heat stamp in the middle. Both side rails have Mastercraft heat stamped into them. I can't see top center in observers seat where a stam is. Driver seat should have a stamp on top side of seat that would be against driver back (can't see due to opposite side in pic).

I'm willing to bet with the observer seat torn that it prolly is original. A new observer seat bottom is prolly $200 at an upholstery shop. The rest of the upholstery can be cleaned with Totally Awesome from $1 store

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....