Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 09-16-2013, 10:01 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 215, 2011
Smile Fresh from Ski School

Well, I did it---attended Women's Week at Coble Ski School last week. That's me-4th from the left. Ya'll told me to get a picture with April...SO here it is...PROOF that this cowgirl was there and giving it my ALL! I'm so pumped and wish I could leave this office and head right back to camp. It was a wonderful experience from all perspectives-the coaching, boat driver's, the boats, the FOOD, and best of all....getting to observe the professionals train. They are MACHINES!!!! I was the only beginner there but they NEVER made me feel like a beginner or stranger. I was given serious attention to detail and my confidence was soaring when I left. And for those of you wondering...yes April got in the boat and coached me just like all the advanced skiers. Her focus was on safety and form. What a great way for me to obtain such a strong foundation so early in my attempt to learn to ski. I made sure to get signed up for 2014. I wouldn't miss it for the world! Hats off to the Coble Family and their generosity to open their home and share their passion for Skiing.
Attached Images

I LOVE my Mastercraft! - It's Never Too Late!
Old 09-16-2013, 11:22 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Awesome!

Do you have any new videos to post up to show any improvements?

How was their advice compared to what we gave you here in TT?

MC

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 09-16-2013, 11:43 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 Prostar 195 - 350 TBI Predator, 1:1, 13x11.5 OJ 3-Blade
Glad you had such a great time! Looking forward to going back myself next year!
Old 09-16-2013, 11:55 AM
TT Regular

Their coaching advice was exactly the same. BUT when somebody can tap on the rope, jump up on the back of the boat and get you corrected right at a given moment....that makes the learning curve a lot steeper. Before I skied until exhausted then went back and watched my video then back to the water to try to improve what I was doing wrong. The biggest mistake I was making (fear driven) was I pulling in the wrong places. I was coasting flat in the work zone then pulling. I'm still concerned about the wake but have now convinced myself that staying on edge in the work zone is the safest way to address the wake. Before I told myself but fear wouldn't let me execute.

They also adjusted my bindings, moving me forward on my ski. I'm still not sure that my ski, HO Freeride, is the correct ski for me as it still wants to bounce around with me at times but I had to start somewhere. This particular ski made deep water starts a breeze to learn and let me pull around this summer for 20 minutes at the time learning to stay upright.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:12 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaJ View Post
TThe biggest mistake I was making (fear driven) was I pulling in the wrong places. I was coasting flat in the work zone then pulling. I'm still concerned about the wake but have now convinced myself that staying on edge in the work zone is the safest way to address the wake.
winner winner chicken dinner!

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 09-16-2013, 11:47 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '07 X45 LY6
The Cobles are an awesome family! And there setup is great. They are about 20 minuites from my house, and I need to go more. Now put that training to the test.

You look like I need a beer!

2001 Prostar 195 Sold

2007 X45 LY6
Old 09-16-2013, 01:16 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 Prostar 195 - 350 TBI Predator, 1:1, 13x11.5 OJ 3-Blade
I imagine the wake behind those ProStar 197s was a little more friendly too! Did you try to run the course at all or just work on form?
Old 09-16-2013, 01:35 PM
TT Regular

The wake was a lot more FRIENDLY although the seasoned skiers thought the "Bump" was hard. However, even though I've only been skiing since July, I had already developed some bad defensive habits approaching that wake that were mentally tough for me to overcome.

And of course, you know I had to make an attempt to chase those buoys (Did the mini course successfully TWICE!) Woohoo! They brought me back to the dock with the boat horn blowing and me fist pumping from the end of the rope. I felt like Tarzan!!!!! I'm so ready to do it again and again and again!!!!!

Old 09-16-2013, 10:59 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 PS 190
Quote:
The wake was a lot more FRIENDLY although the seasoned skiers thought the "Bump" was hard. However, even though I've only been skiing since July, I had already developed some bad defensive habits approaching that wake that were mentally tough for me to overcome.

And of course, you know I had to make an attempt to chase those buoys
(Did the mini course successfully TWICE!) Woohoo! They broug
ht me back to the dock with the boat horn blowing and me fist pumping from the end of the rope. I felt like Tarzan!!!!! I'm so ready to do it again and again and again!!!!!
Congrats!!! Running the mini course is a MAJOR accomplishment, keep up the good work!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 12:58 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMLVMI View Post
I imagine the wake behind those ProStar 197s was a little more friendly too!
At what speed?

Quote:
And of course, you know I had to make an attempt to chase those buoys (Did the mini course successfully TWICE!) Woohoo! I felt like Tarzan!!!!!
Video or it didn't happen

Quote:
I'm so ready to do it again and again and again!!!!!
Hey, this is a family oriented site!