Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-30-2013, 10:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 Mastercraft X-25
MC surf system?

Any word on a Mastercraft surf system ala the Nautique NSS or Malibu Surfgate? It seems that to be really competitive in the surf boat space, MC needs something similar. Surf tabs don't compare. The other surf systems let you change from wakeboard to port surf to starboard surf in seconds.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:09 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MC
1:11-1:14. 3 seconds is al you need

http://vimeo.com/69013295
Old 07-31-2013, 10:07 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
On the NWWSA surf competition last week they use Centurion boats. The Enzo 244 comes with a new Ramfill, and CATS system along with tabs. Supposedly giving you control over 3 axis to shape the wake.

Apparently nobody could get it to work right so they picked a setting and thats what everyone surfing was stuck with.

Read this article.

http://flyboywakesurf.com/nwwsa-day-1/

Stick with MC. They are like Microsoft, usually last to the market, but always better than the rest and done right the first time when they get there.

Plus the marketing of such additions takes away from whats actually necessary to use the boat. Take Centurion for example. They market that they have the most tunable wave. Yet not even the pro's can tune it right.

Centurion reps at the competition gave up and set it to a basic standard that sort of worked even though the promise of individual rider preference was going to be done.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:32 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
Stick with MC. They are like Microsoft, usually last to the market, but always better than the rest and done right the first time when they get there.
Really? MC doesn't always get it right the first time. Ask owners of boats with the BIG system on 2011-12 boats. Or how about the ZFT2 tower or ZFT5 power tower? Lots of problems. Of course you were right about MC being like Microsoft, they are just not always the best. Case in point: Windows 8, Zune mp3 player, Surface tablet, SPOT watch, Microsoft KIN mobile phone, Windows XP tablet, UltimateTV DVR...what did i miss? Don't get me wrong, I love my MC but I guess I didn't drink the kool-aid.
2006 X2
1968 Century Cheetah
Old 07-31-2013, 11:30 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakecumberland View Post
Really? MC doesn't always get it right the first time. Ask owners of boats with the BIG system on 2011-12 boats. Or how about the ZFT2 tower or ZFT5 power tower? Lots of problems. Of course you were right about MC being like Microsoft, they are just not always the best. Case in point: Windows 8, Zune mp3 player, Surface tablet, SPOT watch, Microsoft KIN mobile phone, Windows XP tablet, UltimateTV DVR...what did i miss? Don't get me wrong, I love my MC but I guess I didn't drink the kool-aid.
For us IT people you missed Windows ME and Windows Vista. Both stinkers shunned by any smart customer and any IT consultant worth a hoot.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:09 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-25 6.2 Ilmore
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakecumberland View Post
Admittedly I'm a MC nut, but I think it must very very hard to try and be on the leading edge of innovation when you make so few boats per year. I would think MC would follow Malibu's lead
(did I just say that?) and have several plants that build more boats. More units should bring more revenue to put into better innovation. That said, frankly, I tip my hat to what they HAVE been able to pull off with the few boats they build. I still think they "feel" the best of all the ones I've driven out there. Just my opinion...
Old 10-18-2013, 11:12 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 X30 6.2 Ilmor
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitilldark View Post
Admittedly I'm a MC nut, but I think it must very very hard to try and be on the leading edge of innovation when you make so few boats per year. I would think MC would follow Malibu's lead
(did I just say that?) and have several plants that build more boats. More units should bring more revenue to put into better innovation. That said, frankly, I tip my hat to what they HAVE been able to pull off with the few boats they build. I still think they "feel" the best of all the ones I've driven out there. Just my opinion...
A few years ago ,,,too many Boats built nearly cost MC their company...
Probably still recovering from that shock....
Ramping up slowly...?
Old 10-21-2013, 10:02 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-25 6.2 Ilmore
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashburn1 View Post
A few years ago ,,,too many Boats built nearly cost MC their company...
Probably still recovering from that shock....
Ramping up slowly...?
That is true. That is always a quandry. Because too many boats has to cost quality somewhere down the line. When they first told me they were going to start using sprayed glass I almost fainted.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:12 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post

wow...

I don't find this to be true at all. Last to market? the MC of old introduced the 2003 Xstar. I wish i was paying attention to wakeboarding then, but that boat had to blow everyone away. the 230 didnt exist back then, and the VLX isnt what it is today, that boat had no competition when it was introduced. first to market, and they nailed the wake.

fast forward a few years... they tried to be first to market again with the... 2012? xstar. yeah... that went well. Just like windows vista. I'm still waiting on a set behind one but i'm hoping the 2013 star is like windows 7...

As i company i definitely would not want to be compared to microsoft.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:40 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
wow...

I don't find this to be true at all. Last to market? the MC of old introduced the 2003 Xstar. I wish i was paying attention to wakeboarding then, but that boat had to blow everyone away. the 230 didnt exist back then, and the VLX isnt what it is today, that boat had no competition when it was introduced. first to market, and they nailed the wake.

fast forward a few years... they tried to be first to market again with the... 2012? xstar. yeah... that went well. Just like windows vista. I'm still waiting on a set behind one but i'm hoping the 2013 star is like windows 7...

As i company i definitely would not want to be compared to microsoft.

It was clearly a bad comparison if yo look at it subjectively. But objectively I just meant it by quality of goods and changes to meet the ever changing sports on water. However, Microsoft and MC were very early pioneers of their respective industries and successful ones at that. They are both the biggest, the first and the last. Is all I mean't by it.

If you get into squishy details it all gets lost.

I think we all can agree all others beneath either company are in the shadow of the latter.

Oh F'in'A This is great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=JixbzFjv_cU

And everyone is right, for media I will agree MAC has got PC licked. But mac would fall short in every area for my business.