Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 03-27-2013, 02:16 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2003 X9
2003 X9 Graphics

Hello! We are a full service graphics company in East Tennessee. We have started to see a few boats coming in for restoration/custom wraps and in particular we have a customer with a 2003 x9 looking to replace his OEM graphics. Mainly the large X9 logo on the sides. After contacting mastercraft, they no longer have stock of this item, and would not release the OG art for reproduction to our local dealer. Mastercraft recommended planet h20 and Bay Area Water Sports, but the contact at bay area simply brushed off our request and planet h20 cant run these off for us without the consent of bay area. Does anyone have any solutions? Looking for old stock or the art files, as we are more than capable of printing them ourselves. Just want a perfect match for the customer without having to wetsand and buff the boat to remove oxidation. Any help would be super appreciated, and as far as custom wraps we generally destroy competitors pricing.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:49 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Let me start off with 2 things.

1) Jim doesn't blow off anyone. I've asked him before about the x9 graphics. They are impossible to find. Also probably one of the most informed and helpful members on this board.
2)MC WAS going to release the art to me but they don't own it. The company that does wanted 900 bucks for 2 decals. I told them to spork themselves. The art will have to be completely redone.
3) You might have to be "full service" and create a new one. Otherwise the customer is hosed for 900 or no graphics.
4) Shouldn't be a huge deal to wetsand, etc to get it out. I had a similar issue with my 209 and just created a similar sized graphic. This could be done the same way.

Heres what I did.........and I do have the graphics if you are interested.

and this for the rear to match better
Old 03-27-2013, 06:05 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2003 X9
gfx

Believe it or not, jim did kinda blow me off with a "sorry, cant help". that was the entirety of his email. Thanks for your response though. If i do replicate the graphics i will be more than happy to contribute them to the collection. 900 for just art is a little much unless you had orders for days lined up for that boat, in which case we only have this one x9. Thanks again though for the response, and ill surely check back in after i have solved this!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:52 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaffordGraphics View Post
Believe it or not, jim did kinda blow me off with a "sorry, cant help". that was the entirety of his email. Thanks for your response though. If i do replicate the graphics i will be more than happy to contribute them to the collection. 900 for just art is a little much unless you had orders for days lined up for that boat, in which case we only have this one x9. Thanks again though for the response, and ill surely check back in after i have solved this!
As always - the truth lies in the middle... This artwork is fairly simple... with what's available for the MC part the X9 should take about 2 hours to complete - with gradients.

Have to stick up for Jim...
Old 03-27-2013, 11:27 PM
TT Regular

Boat: mastercraft 1980 S&S 351
Started out on your foot there SG...... jim has been very helpfull to many of us
Old 03-27-2013, 11:44 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Pro Star 197 TT #58 of 100
I believe they made three different logos for the X9.
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2013, 07:49 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post
Let me start off with 2 things.

1) Jim doesn't blow off anyone. I've asked him before about the x9 graphics. They are impossible to find. Also probably one of the most informed and helpful members on this board.
2)MC WAS going to release the art to me but they don't own it. The company that does wanted 900 bucks for 2 decals. I told them to spork themselves. The art will have to be completely redone.
3) You might have to be "full service" and create a new one. Otherwise the customer is hosed for 900 or no graphics.
4) Shouldn't be a huge deal to wetsand, etc to get it out. I had a similar issue with my 209 and just created a similar sized graphic. This could be done the same way.

Heres what I did.........and I do have the graphics if you are interested.

and this for the rear to match better
and for the rear? I think we need to make some custom bekinis... with your graphics on the bottom part
Old 03-28-2013, 10:17 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Gas Money
I have stock x9 graphics set in blue and would be willing to sell.
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2013, 10:35 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft X-9 05
I also have this Decal- and also have a a friend at a a print shop that scanned this decal for me and has it in his system
Old 03-28-2013, 11:29 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
and for the rear? I think we need to make some custom bekinis... with your graphics on the bottom part
and ordering my girl a pair now haha

Tags
graphics, oem, restoration, vinyl, x-9