Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-27-2013, 02:16 PM
StaffordGraphics StaffordGraphics is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Boat: 2003 X9
Location: southeast
Posts: 2
2003 X9 Graphics

Hello! We are a full service graphics company in East Tennessee. We have started to see a few boats coming in for restoration/custom wraps and in particular we have a customer with a 2003 x9 looking to replace his OEM graphics. Mainly the large X9 logo on the sides. After contacting mastercraft, they no longer have stock of this item, and would not release the OG art for reproduction to our local dealer. Mastercraft recommended planet h20 and Bay Area Water Sports, but the contact at bay area simply brushed off our request and planet h20 cant run these off for us without the consent of bay area. Does anyone have any solutions? Looking for old stock or the art files, as we are more than capable of printing them ourselves. Just want a perfect match for the customer without having to wetsand and buff the boat to remove oxidation. Any help would be super appreciated, and as far as custom wraps we generally destroy competitors pricing.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-27-2013, 03:49 PM
02ProstarSammyD 02ProstarSammyD is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Location: Southeast
Posts: 1,882
Let me start off with 2 things.

1) Jim doesn't blow off anyone. I've asked him before about the x9 graphics. They are impossible to find. Also probably one of the most informed and helpful members on this board.
2)MC WAS going to release the art to me but they don't own it. The company that does wanted 900 bucks for 2 decals. I told them to spork themselves. The art will have to be completely redone.
3) You might have to be "full service" and create a new one. Otherwise the customer is hosed for 900 or no graphics.
4) Shouldn't be a huge deal to wetsand, etc to get it out. I had a similar issue with my 209 and just created a similar sized graphic. This could be done the same way.

Heres what I did.........and I do have the graphics if you are interested.




and this for the rear to match better
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-27-2013, 06:05 PM
StaffordGraphics StaffordGraphics is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Boat: 2003 X9
Location: southeast
Posts: 2
gfx

Believe it or not, jim did kinda blow me off with a "sorry, cant help". that was the entirety of his email. Thanks for your response though. If i do replicate the graphics i will be more than happy to contribute them to the collection. 900 for just art is a little much unless you had orders for days lined up for that boat, in which case we only have this one x9. Thanks again though for the response, and ill surely check back in after i have solved this!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-27-2013, 07:52 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 11,661
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaffordGraphics View Post
Believe it or not, jim did kinda blow me off with a "sorry, cant help". that was the entirety of his email. Thanks for your response though. If i do replicate the graphics i will be more than happy to contribute them to the collection. 900 for just art is a little much unless you had orders for days lined up for that boat, in which case we only have this one x9. Thanks again though for the response, and ill surely check back in after i have solved this!
As always - the truth lies in the middle... This artwork is fairly simple... with what's available for the MC part the X9 should take about 2 hours to complete - with gradients.

Have to stick up for Jim...
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-27-2013, 11:27 PM
hosofpayne's Avatar
hosofpayne hosofpayne is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Boat: mastercraft 1980 S&S 351
Location: midwest
Posts: 78
Started out on your foot there SG...... jim has been very helpfull to many of us
__________________
82 S&S
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-27-2013, 11:44 PM
DemolitionMan's Avatar
DemolitionMan DemolitionMan is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 2008 Pro Star 197 TT #58 of 100
Location: South of the sweet tea line
Posts: 4,223
I believe they made three different logos for the X9.
Attached Images
   
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-27-2013, 07:49 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 11,661
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post
Let me start off with 2 things.

1) Jim doesn't blow off anyone. I've asked him before about the x9 graphics. They are impossible to find. Also probably one of the most informed and helpful members on this board.
2)MC WAS going to release the art to me but they don't own it. The company that does wanted 900 bucks for 2 decals. I told them to spork themselves. The art will have to be completely redone.
3) You might have to be "full service" and create a new one. Otherwise the customer is hosed for 900 or no graphics.
4) Shouldn't be a huge deal to wetsand, etc to get it out. I had a similar issue with my 209 and just created a similar sized graphic. This could be done the same way.

Heres what I did.........and I do have the graphics if you are interested.




and this for the rear to match better
and for the rear? I think we need to make some custom bekinis... with your graphics on the bottom part
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-28-2013, 10:17 AM
JBrew JBrew is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Boat: Gas Money
Location: Lexington/Cincinnati
Posts: 300
I have stock x9 graphics set in blue and would be willing to sell.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Yellow X9's Avatar
Yellow X9 Yellow X9 is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Boat: Mastercraft X-9 05
Location: Southeast
Posts: 507
I also have this Decal- and also have a a friend at a a print shop that scanned this decal for me and has it in his system
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-28-2013, 11:29 AM
02ProstarSammyD 02ProstarSammyD is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Location: Southeast
Posts: 1,882
Quote:
and for the rear? I think we need to make some custom bekinis... with your graphics on the bottom part
and ordering my girl a pair now haha
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
graphics, oem, restoration, vinyl, x-9

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 PM.