Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 03-18-2013, 03:52 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Stupid injuries

Anyone wanna share some retarded injuries. I've had some stellar ones and 2 this weekend sparked my memory

Last season: Opened engine cover only to be slammed by a roller to have my hand go thru the belt. That one stung.

3 years ago: Jumped a baby gate to land on a sippy cup and broke my foot down the middle and got a nice sprain out of it. Was bench for 6 weeks of a summer in a boot.

Saturday-Rebuilding my rear bench. Neighbor startled me saying hi and I turned around stepping onto a 4 inch nail through my boot. Thank god for an inch and a half of wood and a half inch of boot sole or that puppy would have reallllllllllllly hurt.

Not so painful sunday. Trigger popped out of staple gun. Had it on my lap and evidently the safety pin on the end doesn't work if the trigger pops off. Shot a staple right into my had. Priceless look on my girls face when I walked into the kitchen asking if she'd pull it out. Didn't hurt a bit but was hysterical for me.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1995 PROSTAR
Bent over to pick up a tshirt in February 2009. Popped a disc out all the way. After 4 surgeries and enough metal I my back to set off alarms in most stores and airports, ill never bend over again.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:44 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
1996: While skiing behind my dad’s old Sea Ray (the greatest, fastest ocean capable ski boat ever built), I hit two boats makes at same time went OTF and the ski hit me in the head... Nine stitches and a trip to the Whitesboro emergency room

2003: 1st full season @ MSC, I went OTF skiing at our primary site and the ski whacked me right between the eyes. I had no idea I was that flexible. 3 Stiches and a black eye...

2004: Sprained my ankle while I was skiing my 22 off pass at 34 mph because the fin on my ski broke off. I made it to 4 ball – head 1st.

2005 – I had a trailer jack give way amd the trailer landed on my foot, breaking all my toes. I wont the ski club’s Broken Ski Award for it.

2011 and 2012 amd 2013: I am still suffering tennis elbow and undergoing PT for it.

Other injuries 2013: I plead the 5th as I would like to not receive the BSA again.

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 03-18-2013, 05:04 PM
TT Enthusiast

Was in Home depot, decided to pull a couple 2x12x16 footer pressure treated boards off a rack. One dropped a few inches and smashed the tip of my index finger against the metal rack. Real bad (those wet pt boards are heavy!). Blood pouring out everywhere. I was so embarrassed I squeezed it as hard as I could, ran into the restroom and made a paper towel tourinquet. took weeks for that to heal.

Hammering a dead cicada shell on a tree. Put the claw into my forehead on the backswing. Stitches on that one. In my defense I think I was 6 or 7 at the time.

Opened a tennis ball can, somehow managed to slice my pinky finger with the metal edge of the can lid pretty bad, enough to see things I didn't want to see. Poured alcohol on it, wrapped it up tight and hoped for the best.

My grandfather cut the tip of his finger off with a table saw, put turpentine on it, wrapped it up and went back to work, so I guess I come by it naturally. I do own a sawstop, however

Broke a rib last year on a slalom ski, I'm an intermediate level skier at best, was showing my kids how to do it. I had signaled my son to increase speed a few times as he started off too slow. I was thinking to myself, hmm, this does seem a bit fast, but it had been years since i was on a ski. After I wiped out, he tells me we were going about 36 or so, which is way faster than -I- need to be going. Lesson learned, be very specific with inexperienced drivers and remember I'm not as young as I used to be.

And of course who hasn't singed off their facial hair at least one time in their lives....
Old 03-18-2013, 05:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post
...Shot a staple right into my had...
Ummm, is that NAD or HEAD.

I'm really hoping it's the latter.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:10 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
I shattered 4 molars while snow skiing when I was a 20-something. One was cracked straight through the root. That was an expensive day of skiing.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:24 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
I don't have near the time or patience to put a complete list together ... LOL nor do I want to put some of those in written form.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:26 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 MasterCraft X-30
This thread is priceless! I have too many to list. In my line of work, if you aren't hurt, you're recovering from something stupid so you can do it again haha.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '04 X9
Ruptured my ear drum 3 times barefooting, broke two ribs long distance jumping, and broke my wrist snowmobiling (have a plate and seven screws in there).
Old 03-18-2013, 05:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200- Yamaha Pro-v
I'm saving most of these for my novel, which is destined to be an all-time best seller. However probably the most consistent slick move I make is falling at the boat ramp. I never miss an opportunity :-)