Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-11-2013, 04:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft Pro Star 205, 1995, 350 V8
Upgrade to Captain Seat

Hello Fellow TT members,

Here's to a safe and happy 2013 boating season ahead!

I have a 95 ProStar 205 and I have been thinking about whether or not its possible to upgrade the captain (driver) seat. In particular, I would like to update it to where the bottom cushion moves up and lifts the bottom portion creating a hump to sit on as newer models do.

Has anyone tried to do this on an older model? Any advice on how to or where to go to get this done would help (if possible).

Thank you!

Jim
Old 01-11-2013, 04:43 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 Wakesetter VLX
I updated our 95 Barefoot 200 with a new seat from an 05 X-star. the modern seats use a much smaller footprint from the wide layout you currently have, so new holes need to be drilled in the pedestal. Overall it was a great addition. The seat has much more support, and a higher back. The cons to me are the height without the bolster. I sit about 2" higher with the new seat, and more into the chilly air on the early morning runs. Good luck!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200
Dylan,
Do you have any pictures? I would love to make the same upgrade on our 1991 BF200, but also in the market for a new interior, so if I were to do it, I would want to do so before the new interior.

Last edited by jeffbare; 01-12-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:09 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbare View Post
Dylan,
Do you have any pictures? I would love to make the same upgrade on our 1991 BF200, but also in the market for a new interior, so if I were to do it, I would want to do so before the new ionterior.
Our boat is in storage right now, and our home office still hasn't been setup since we moved 3 weeks ago. I'll get a photo for you in the next two weeks.

One thing to note I tried really hard to get the swivel functional, but our interior is too narrow for it to work. I would have to mount the seat offset of the steering wheel, and that just isn't an option for me. I can swing it about 45 degrees both ways, but that is the end of it.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2009 X-Star LY6
Should be no pproblem. Most seat frames/rails are just screwed to the underside of the seat bottom.

Owned:
2012 X25
2011 X25
2009 Moomba LSV
2009 Moomba Outback V
2008 Monterey FS180
Pelican 4 set paddle boat
plastic tug boat when I was 4
Old 01-11-2013, 05:27 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames View Post
Should be no pproblem. Most seat frames/rails are just screwed to the underside of the seat bottom.
At least on our boat, using the old frame and attaching it to the new was not an option. my old frame was closer to 12" square, vs the newer more standardized style which is around 6" square. Reference the new picture at the bottom.

The good news is you probably have the same pedestal style I had, and it was an easy fix to drill some new holes. Make sure you fill the old ones in with some sort of sealant.