Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-10-2013, 11:11 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Cutting back

I got this from someone else...
I'm cutting back and you may want to also....
I'm going to bite the bullet, too!

President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget.
I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to do the same thing with my personal budget. I spend about $2,000 a month on groceries, household expenses, medicine, utilities, etc., but it's time to get out the budget cutting ax, go through my expenses, and cut back.
I'm going to cut my spending at exactly the same ratio (1/35,000) of my total budget. After doing the math, it looks like instead of spending $2,000 a month, I'm going to have to cut that number by six cents. Yes, I'm going to have to get by with $1999.94, but that's what sacrifice is all about.
I'll just have to do without some things, that are, frankly, luxuries - six cents worth.

Did this President actually think no one would do the math?

Please send this to everyone on your list so people understand how idiotic a $100 million cut is in a $3.5 trillion budget - ludicrous!!!!!!!

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... One is by sword... The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
The hard fact is that since Social Security will return to 6.2% (from 4.2%) and the ceiling on income that it is applied to has been raised as well, we will all need to come up with more than .

Not a chance any of that is coming out of boat gas!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:52 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None
The good news is that your taxes have gone up. If your taxes haven't gone up, at least you have 99 more weeks of unemployment benefits.

You can also forget about saving for that shiny new AR15/AK, so that money is back in the budget too.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:38 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Not a Mastercraft
I've never been on unemployment but I have a 58 year old seasonal employee and friend who can't find a full time job that occasionally is.

Taxes are taken out of unemployment checks. And that tax rate went up just like everyone else's.

Setting my 6 cents aside right now.