Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 01-08-2013, 07:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 Sport
1991 Tristar

I'm trying to decide if I should just replace the seat bottom, or do a whole boat redo. The skins are in better than average shape but are over 20 years old so I just don't think new bottoms would match. What do you think?
Also, I have a quote for new skins from MasterCraft Skins (around 2500) and am trying to get a quote from CopyCat Covers. I just can't get CopyCat to answer my calls and when I try to email them, I get a message that their mailbox if full. Are they even in bussiness? Who did you use any why? If I go new skins, I want it to look factory and not home-made!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 and 1998 Baha Cruiser Mach 1 290
I was going to do the same thing to mine this winter but I went a totally different route based on price and not sure how long I would be keeping the boat. So I found a local company that is replacing only what is most needed and the rest he is going to dye those parts. My seat bottoms had been replaced by the previous owner at some point so they are just going to make everything match as best they can. I don't have them back yet so I am not sure how well it will turn out yet. I couldn't see myself taking my boat to VIPER (as much as I would have liked to just too far away) at this point and the local shops here wanted over $5000 for a full redo minus the carpet. So for this year I went this route considering it will only be $800. Having the two seats repaired, the bow 3 sections the rear 3 back cushions and dog house done. I figured I couldn't go wrong. If I don't like it I can save up for next winter. Here is what it looked like before. Hope to have them back in a few weeks.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2013, 10:27 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Glad to say we are starting to run out of off season...might be time to put off till next winter...hopefully spring will come early again...
Old 03-31-2013, 10:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC Tristar 190 OB, 1989
you guys get those Tristar interiors updated yet? I've got an 89 that needs some work and cruising for ideas.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 and 1998 Baha Cruiser Mach 1 290
I got mine done.. I had part of them redone and part of them restored by fibrenew
was about $850 for two captains chairs, the uppers for the rear seats and the uppers for the front bow sections. The seat bases for the front and back were done recently from the previous owner.

Take a look at the results from my post:

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52537