Old 12-21-2012, 04:27 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Fordís tiny but feisty 1.0-litre EcoBoost

Interesting - http://media.ford.com/news/fords1lit...ingcircuit.htm
Old 12-21-2012, 04:39 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 Sport
pretty amazing. imagine what the torque of an electric hybred would do in a ski boat?
Old 12-21-2012, 05:54 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1982 Skier19, Powerslot, 351PCM
I recently saw a test on a Focus with that 1.0 Ecoboost engine on 5th Gear, a UK car show.

They tested it in a drag race with the same car that had the 1.6 liter engine. It blew its doors off and got 58 mpg on the highway. I understand it is comng to the US in the Fiesta in the spring.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:54 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Amazing what a properly sized turbo charger can do. Get it sized right and no issues with lag. Tons of torque.

I don't think it's a hybrid, drschemel, but I may have missed something in my reading of the article.

Looking at it, it appears to be a good match of power to weight and, more importantly, extremely good cornering abilities.

Well done, Ford.

I wonder what it could do with Sabine Schmitz behind the wheel?

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Last edited by east tx skier; 12-21-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:40 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
Amazing what a properly sized turbo charger can do. Get it sized right and no issues with lag. Tons of torque.
The turbo in this new ecoboost has variable geometry. That is how it avoids lag, and still produces plenty of boost in the higher rpm range. It used to be, that we could only have one, or the other....
Old 12-23-2012, 01:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-46 6.0L BSO-II Gen2+
Most of these turbocharged "downsizing" gas-engine concepts that have been sold here in europe for the last years only match their milage numbers on paper/in manufacturers test cycles and not in real life. If you use the horsepower/torque the consumption is far off, the comparable diesels are somewhat better in that paper/real life comparison.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:28 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Most of these turbocharged "downsizing" gas-engine concepts that have been sold here in europe for the last years only match their milage numbers on paper/in manufacturers test cycles and not in real life. If you use the horsepower/torque the consumption is far off, the comparable diesels are somewhat better in that paper/real life comparison.
My VW 2.0T exceeds its on paper numbers, even at 70 mph.

YMMV, literally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
Thats very impressive. Ford continues to win me over. Just get a new designer. Their cars and trucks imho look like 10lbs of crap in a 5lb bag. But dam they are good. And GM can s my d with all their BS lately. I hate to say. I may become a Ford guy in the future. Still holding out for my bowtie. Kinda like being a Cubs fan ....
The new front end of the 2013 Fusion borrows a bit from Aston. Looks nice to me. Hopefully, the interiors have improved. That's where they have always lost me.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Last edited by east tx skier; 12-23-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:11 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-46 6.0L BSO-II Gen2+
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
My VW 2.0T exceeds its on paper numbers, even at 70 mph.

YMMV, literally.

[/IMG]
Well then you might be one of the lucky few... my VW Golf R (also a 2.0TSI) well exceeds it's figures (and the figures of its 3.2V6 predecessor) in everyday driving, unless you don't use the power/torque, which is ridiculous, because if I wouldn't want to use the power I could have bought a smaller or a diesel engine. Exceeding meaning it consumes more because we calculate in Litres per Kilometer. Your consumption might also be okay because of your driving profile (rarely over 90mph).
Old 12-23-2012, 01:49 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Thats very impressive. Ford continues to win me over. Just get a new designer. Their cars and trucks imho look like 10lbs of crap in a 5lb bag. But dam they are good. And GM can s my d with all their BS lately. I hate to say. I may become a Ford guy in the future. Still holding out for my bowtie. Kinda like being a Cubs fan ....
Old 12-23-2012, 02:06 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
I have never really been much of a Ford fan until recently, but I drive a 2010 fusion, for my work vehicle and it is a good little car, aside from all the cheap plastic. Then again, that is most cars today. The new Ecoboost engines are pretty impressive and Ford has put a lot of time and money to develop this technology. I just am waiting for Obama to come out and take credit for it.