Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakesurfing

Old 12-01-2012, 03:16 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Polar Bear Ski with new Wake Setter and Surf Gate

Headed out to the Skiers Pier in Waterford MI this morning to join in the annual Polar Bear Ski they host for charity. Got a chance to try out the new Soulcraft board I recently got behind one of the new Wake Setters equipped with the Surf Gate. Unfortunately we had some real difficulties getting anything close to a surf wake out of the boat. To be fair we were on a very small lake and there were only four guys on the boat and one of them was my 7 year old nephew. I'm certain with some time and tuning we could have done much better but riding in 34 degree water just isn't the time to explore ballast and wedge configurations. At least not when I'm the guy in the water. In the mere 2 - 3 minutes I spent in the water waiting to get picked up thoughts of the Titanic came rushing in. Dang that water was cold.

Sadly we were barely able to get much more than a 2' wake out of the boat and both my brother in law and I had real trouble getting the board to run. I'm praying my trusty X2 will make the board come alive and ride the way it was intended.
Attached Images

Last edited by bturner2; 12-01-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:31 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 86 19' skier 351 PCM
You just need some gloves and booties. Nice you rode for charity. How many other riders/ skiers?
Old 12-01-2012, 03:50 PM
MC Devotee

Great turn out. Apparently there are a ton of crazy skiers in SE Michigan. Had to be at least 40 people riding. A lot of die hard slalom skiers and team rider Chad Sharpe was there.

The event got off to a slow start due to fog in the morning. It was supposed to be 54 today but I never saw anything close to that. The last temp I saw before leaving my truck was 42. Believe it or not other than my feet and hands it really wasn't that bad. We had a cooler of hot water in the boat that we soaked our feet and hands in before and after skiing. Took about 10 minutes to get back to normal after my run. But boy let me tell you my hands and feet were numb after that short ride.
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2012, 05:36 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MC
Which Malibu? VLX? Ballast full?
Old 12-01-2012, 08:38 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Looks like the wake on my stars and stripes.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:05 PM
MC Devotee

Not sure which model it was other than I was told it was 21'.

I agree about the wake size. It was a really nice boat, just couldn"t get it set up right in the time we had. They had a video of the same boat in the pro shop and the wake looked outstanding. Wish we would have had more time to figure out what was going on but it was cold and there was a line of people waiting to get a chance to ride. Hopefully I"ll get an opportunity for another ride next summer.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1984 Stars and Stripes Powerslot
Wow. And to think I didn't take the boat to the lake today just to cruise around. Thought it was too cold at 55F lol. And water has to be 65 or so. You guys are nuts!!