Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 11-24-2012, 04:02 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Just installed new radio

I was able to drag the boat home and thankfully it fit in my garage, although the garage was not the issue, but my steep driveway. I left a nice long white line from the trailer wheels hitting as well as a black mark from the spare tire dragging. At any rate I have three inches to spare once I got it in the garage. Sure would be nice to have a folding tongue. Having it at the house enables me to actually work on the boat rather than think of everything I would like to do to the boat.

Project one is done. I removed the old case for the radio, which was broken and instead of replacing it, I fabricated a plastic piece and put a new cover on that came with the radio. So far so good. I also replaced the speakers with some weather resistant speakers. Nothing special, just something that doesn't buzz from having busted speakers when I have music playing. I am not one that has to have a nice booming system in the boat. Not saying I wouldn't like one, I just would rather spend my money elsewhere at this point.

Now that the radio is done for now, I will move onto my next project. Tinting and painting the windshield.

Last edited by CC2MC; 11-24-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:26 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Which receiver did you install?...want to install a system in my 205 and brain wants Wetsounds but wallet will only allow clarion...
Old 11-24-2012, 10:41 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
I just installed the Clarion M309. Quite pleased for my low expectations. It has some nice features for those that listen beyond AM/FM/CD.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...rion-M309.html

Works for me

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 11-24-2012, 11:33 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Mine is even lower than the clarion. My original receiver actually still worked fine. I just got a Pyle radio off of ebay. It came with speakers and the cover. I thought about getting a nicer head unit, but that is not even what I needed as much as the speakers themselves. It sounds fine for my needs. If I have to replace the head unit in a year or two, I will upgrade to a nicer unit. This one does have some nice features though. It has the AUX out, USB slot and SD Card slot.

Another note, I do not and cannot have tower speakers currently just bc of the way the tower is made and the height of the garage door. I have to remove the top section every time to get it into the boat house, so for now, cheap works for me.