Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Other

Old 11-05-2012, 08:36 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1985 Skier 19
Water Ski Schools

I live in Wisconsin and my boat is put away for the winter. I'm looking for a ski school to go to for a vacation this winter/spring. Barefoot, slalom, and wake boarding. Anyone have any favorite schools?
Old 11-05-2012, 09:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 Prostar 205V
Bennett's Ski School.. Outside of Btaon Rouge, La.. Great people and nice accommodations

http://www.skibennetts.com/
Old 11-06-2012, 07:31 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: X-1 2007 & 2009 197 2009 & 2006
I have a home in Orlando Florida I rent by the week set up for just this. Couple of guys did a post last year that visited and loved it under master craft vacation. Close to lots of pro instructors you can go to or have over. www.vrbo.com/182514 You can email me at waterskivacations@gmail.com if you like
Old 11-06-2012, 10:15 AM
TT Regular

Thanks guys
Old 11-06-2012, 10:48 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC, SportStar, 99, 350 310HP TBI,
I have enjoyed my time with Seth Stisher at his school near Charleston, SC http://www.waterskitrainer.com/site/ I am not sure how much barefooting or wakeboarding they do.
98 Moomba Boomerang 310 HP 350 Carb
88 MC PowerSlot 240 HP 351 Carb Black on White
Old 11-06-2012, 11:51 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
Similarly, I don't think Bennetts is really geared towards wakeboarding.

If you want to do three event, Bennetts is really cool.

I want to go to H2Osmosis, and April Coble Eller's school sometime.

I think if you are interested in wakeboarding, I'd try to find somewhere with a cable park. Frankly, a week at a place like Bennetts and you almost cannot ski enough to make it worth your time with out just tearing your muscles out, 3 or 4 sets in a day is a lot, and if not at the peak of your season, you won't get your fullest, which is an issue for early/late season midwesterners.

Somewhere with a good set up for barefoot coaching if you're into it, perhaps The Footer's edge or similar in florida so you'll get to use more of your time wisely.

Or, I've also wanted to go somewhere like texas ski ranch to spend a couple days just screwing around on a wake skate on a cable.

Fact of ski schools, I cannot hack 5 days of skiing 3 sets a day you'll smoke your muscles.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:40 AM
TT Enthusiast

McCormicks outside of Tampa has a boat lake with excellent instruction, and a cable lake. Very relaxed and laid back.

http://www.skimccormick.com/
Old 11-14-2012, 04:00 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 04 TT 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbkdaw3 View Post
I have a home in Orlando Florida I rent by the week set up for just this. Couple of guys did a post last year that visited and loved it under master craft vacation. Close to lots of pro instructors you can go to or have over. www.vrbo.com/182514 You can email me at waterskivacations@gmail.com if you like

You have to check this place out if you have a crew of people, it's awesome. I am going back in a couple of weeks for the second time. Drew the owner is great.
Here is the link.....
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...craft+vacation

04 197 TT LQ9 stargazer w/Z-Box
PB 2@35 off
Previous...
96 Prostar 205 Lt1
93 Prostar 205 HO
81 Leaves and stripes(Can. edition)
Old 11-23-2012, 10:02 PM
TT Regular

Thanks for all the help guys. I am going to have to work some OT. The place is Acapulco looks amazing, as do a few others. Since I took my boat out of the water I have not been able to keep my hands off it. Pulled the interior and dropped it off. That is going to cost a week of skiing somewhere warm in February. The swim deck was a little springy, nothing like plowing into the floor of your boat with the cutting wheel of a grinder and digging out soggy foam. I got some work to do, and some time to do it. Ordered up some barefoot wetsuits for the nephews today for Xmas. Poor bastards might not get a pull in February in Mexico, but the will be footin' behind a sweet 85' MC in April.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Sportstar 19/305 Chevy Indmar (4160 Carbed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlukens View Post
I live in Wisconsin and my boat is put away for the winter. I'm looking for a ski school to go to for a vacation this winter/spring. Barefoot, slalom, and wake boarding. Anyone have any favorite schools?
http://www.skiparadise.com/

The folks at the ski club in Oahu rave about the above linked school in Acapulco, Mexico...