Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 08-22-2012, 03:13 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230VRS
Ballast Distribution

I have a 2001 Maristar 230VRS that I am thinking about putting automatic ballast in. I wanted some thoughts opinions on the ballast weight/distribution.

I am looking at (2) fly high 400lbs v-drive sacs and the fly high integrated bow sac 650lbs. I have dual batteries in the starboard rear compartment which is why I'm not going bigger with the v-drive sacs due to available space. I will also have a couple older side sacs that I keep full in the ski locker, roughly 350lbs total.

Does this seem like a good distribution ratio between front and back? The main purpose of the ballast is for surfing.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:43 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 X30 ltr
man where are u located? i have a friend that surfs alot and also sells bags on the side. i have an x30 that i am trying to get where i want it. that hull is a beast and i have found it to be really finicky. i am searching for the perfect setup, i am hoping him to come and consult with me for a day to get mine right. good luck and have fun

Resident TeamTalk Jacka$$
2002 black X30
1973 s&s project
Look for me on CHL!! I am in the black X30 with the stars and stripes flying off the tower!!!

Tags
ballast, fat sac, surf, wakesurf