Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-11-2011, 11:44 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1983 Skier 190 Stars and Stripes
Interior Shots from today...

Went to see the interior guys as promised and was pleasantly surprised at the work done so far. Top notch guys and top notch material, makes my boat feel sort of new which is cool.

Here are the pics...

Cream vinyl with wine colored stitch instead of the traditional pipeing...

(bottom cushions, motor box, drivers seat and rear bench still not done but close)

JTR
"The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of GREED-the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of all men will pass, and dictators die and the power they took from the people will return to the people and so long as men die Liberty will never perish."
-Charles Chaplin-
Old 03-11-2011, 11:45 PM
MC Devotee

Wine colored marine grade carpet completely redone and glued...

JTR
"The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of GREED-the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of all men will pass, and dictators die and the power they took from the people will return to the people and so long as men die Liberty will never perish."
-Charles Chaplin-
Old 03-12-2011, 04:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1974 & 1976 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03geetee View Post
Wine colored marine grade carpet completely redone and glued...

JTR
I like the panels in second picture. What year is your boat, and did those year MC's come that way? Previous owner of my '76 put side panels that went to the floor. I removed them but there's about 40 holes on each side, plus the aluminum trim is missing.
I also like the red metal flake and white. You got a picture of the whole boat somewhere?
Old 03-12-2011, 04:47 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskingumriverdocks View Post
I like the panels in second picture. What year is your boat, and did those year MC's come that way? Previous owner of my '76 put side panels that went to the floor. I removed them but there's about 40 holes on each side, plus the aluminum trim is missing.
I also like the red metal flake and white. You got a picture of the whole boat somewhere?
My interior is 100% original never been touched so what you see is the way it came from MC. I re did the combing boards as close to original as possible, when mounted the screws will be covered with buttons.

Here is the boat as of last year...

She looks a lot more purdy now and after the interior is done it will be enjoyed for a few seasons before I tear down the motor. Thing runs so good its almost a crime to fix whats not broken yet.

JTR
-Charles Chaplin-

Last edited by 03geetee; 03-12-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:14 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskingumriverdocks View Post
The older boats were pretty spartan as far as the interior goes. Combing pads and deluxe interiors didn't come around for a few years. 1980 might be the first year, but don't quote me on that. I don't have a good pic of the interior handy. This is from when I first got my boat a couple years ago before it was even running, but it shows the bare insides without combing pads.
Attached Images

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 03-13-2011, 11:45 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1974 & 1976 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes
[quote=thatsmrmastercraft;738621]The older boats were pretty spartan as far as the interior goes. Combing pads and deluxe interiors didn't come around for a few years. 1980 might be the first year, but don't quote me on that. I don't have a good pic of the interior handy. This is from when I first got my boat a couple years ago before it was even running, but it shows the bare insides without combing pads.[/QUOTE

I would like to keep it close to original as possible,it's just to butchered up to leave bare. Not that I'm trying to restore it (got 1 can't seem to get done),just wanted a boat to throw in and use. I see your '77 has a L shaped observers seat. Did any '76's have them? Like them better, a little more comfortable . When I bought my '74 it didn't have a back seat or a ski platform, read somewhere that wasn't uncommon. I have 1 picture of it I think. Unfortunately I was never much of a picture taker, something I regret now.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:14 PM
MC Master Poster

[quote=muskingumriverdocks;738676]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
The older boats were pretty spartan as far as the interior goes. Combing pads and deluxe interiors didn't come around for a few years. 1980 might be the first year, but don't quote me on that. I don't have a good pic of the interior handy. This is from when I first got my boat a couple years ago before it was even running, but it shows the bare insides without combing pads.[/QUOTE

I would like to keep it close to original as possible,it's just to butchered up to leave bare. Not that I'm trying to restore it (got 1 can't seem to get done),just wanted a boat to throw in and use. I see your '77 has a L shaped observers seat. Did any '76's have them? Like them better, a little more comfortable . When I bought my '74 it didn't have a back seat or a ski platform, read somewhere that wasn't uncommon. I have 1 picture of it I think. Unfortunately I was never much of a picture taker, something I regret now.
The driver's seat that came in my boat was from a Ski Centurian. The observers seat and backrest also came from that Ski Centurian. I don't know if the seat base is original, but I suspect it also isn't original.

I see nothing wrong with adding any necessary additions to your boat to make it functional and good looking. Nicely done combing pads would give it a good look and functionally take care of all the holes. Not every boat has to be a full blown restoration.

LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

Old 03-11-2011, 11:48 PM
MC Devotee

More...

So excited I cant wait to get her all washed again, toss on some 303 and hit the water. Hats off to Don's auto/marine interiors for such a great job. My rear motor box piece of vinyl went to the embroiderer today to restitch the factory MASTERCRAFT name in its original embossed location.

Other then that she is done.

JTR
-Charles Chaplin-

Last edited by 03geetee; 03-12-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:01 AM
MC Master Poster

Great job on the interior. Really like the stitching.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:10 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 Prostar 197 TT #11
Nice lookin skins! That's gotta get you itchin to get back on the water!!