Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-27-2007, 10:01 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Usernames And The Reasons Why

I been on here for almost two years now, and sometimes I look at some of these usernames on this board and wonder to myself how everybody comes up with them. So nows the time to start explaning as to why and how you came up with your handle. Some are easy to figure out, and some are not. Mine is a nickname that i've had for years. I got it when I started tournament skiing about 30 years ago.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:23 AM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Simple. First name, last initial.

Funny thing about usernames is some I can remember after reading once and remember their posts. Others I can read posts from 50 times and it just doesn't sync in my mind on who they are or what else they've posted. Anyone else notice this?

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:24 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: mastercraft, X-30, 2004, MCX.
If you need help with mine (YOU NEED HELP).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
Myself I'll live on the edge and surf without a helmet.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:27 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX.X-30 fan
If you need help with mine (YOU NEED HELP).
Yea, yours is one of those that pretty obvious, huh.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:29 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: X2 2005
Well I race go-karts for years, and my dog always went with me, has name was REX and no one could remember my name, so it started off with.......... "that guy with REX the dog"….
and turned into Rexdog
Old 01-27-2007, 10:54 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2004 Prostar 190
In the early-to-mid 90s I was working on the construction and startup of a greenfield papermill in Arizona. Between Engineers, CM, and subcontractors we had several John's and this got confusing on the radios. We had a biker/engineer that everyone new as JohnnyRay, a pipe fitter forman JohnnyBro, a mechanical contractor manager JohnnyFievel, Electrical forman John Carlo. So when I showed up as a young wet-behind-the-ears engineer with a difficult to pronounce last name, my instant radio nickname was JohnnyB (John Boettcher is my real name). I have been involved with several other engineer and construct projects since then in South Carolina, Quebec, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Texas, Arkansas...others I'm forgetting....and the name stuck with me wherever I went. I am now in management in our Wisconsin operations and still cross paths with many old friends from my traveling days....and am still refferred to quite often as JohnnyB

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843
Old 01-27-2007, 11:05 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Prostar 190 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB
In the early-to-mid 90s I was working on the construction and startup of a greenfield papermill in Arizona. Between Engineers, CM, and subcontractors we had several John's and this got confusing on the radios. We had a biker/engineer that everyone new as JohnnyRay, a pipe fitter forman JohnnyBro, a mechanical contractor manager JohnnyFievel, Electrical forman John Carlo. So when I showed up as a young wet-behind-the-ears engineer with a difficult to pronounce last name, my instant radio nickname was JohnnyB (John Boettcher is my real name). I have been involved with several other engineer and construct projects since then in South Carolina, Quebec, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Texas, Arkansas...others I'm forgetting....and the name stuck with me wherever I went. I am now in management in our Wisconsin operations and still cross paths with many old friends from my traveling days....and am still refferred to quite often as JohnnyB
Wich plan in Québec? I live a couples of miles from Domtar's Windsor mill.Krueger and Cascades are also very close by...

When i first join the board ,about 5 years ago,most peoples logged in under their real name and so did i.
I'm Willy Wally on the Malibu board...
Old 01-27-2007, 11:29 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
It's where I currently live and what I like to do.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:32 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Buyer
Mine is derived from my last name, Jetté.

Since secondary school, my friends have called me Jet, so there you go.

André, I work at Domtar but in Montreal and I go out to the mill a few times a year.

Have a nice day !
Old 01-27-2007, 02:05 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2004 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by André
Wich plan in Québec? I live a couples of miles from Domtar's Windsor mill.Krueger and Cascades are also very close by...

When i first join the board ,about 5 years ago,most peoples logged in under their real name and so did i.
I'm Willy Wally on the Malibu board...
Kimberly-Clark St. Hyacinthe

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843