View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 02:56 PM
TT Regular

Boat: current-07 X2, past-02 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
You are bidding on a clean California fresh water boat. I am the second owner of this boat and my family and I have enjoyed it. The kids are spreading out so now its time for a new growing family to take care of her. She is in great mechanical shape and has been well maintained by the same factory trained technician for myself and the previous owner. The mechanical systems are all working fine with the following exceptions: the heater core sprung a leak and needs to be replaced, the left side speedometer plugs up and operates intermittently (the right speedo works fine). The boat is currently winterized so I don't want to run it until freeze danger is gone. If you want to discuss the mechanics I can put you in touch with the mechanic.

Cosmetically the boat is very clean. She is beginning to show some age, but all in all is a clean boat. The rear transom shows some fading which you can see in the photo. The upholstery is beginning to show some wear and there are a few small tears in the forward seats and rear deck cover. The original owner had a pylon extension before he put the tower on. This extension had two bolts that went through the fiberglass in the rear on both sides. I currently have these holes covered (see photo with camoflauge cover). These holes could be filled by a fiberglass person, but they never bothered me. I also had a wind event where me and a dock got too close to each other. The bow hit the dock and broke off a cleat. The result was the scrape in the gel-coat you can see in the photo. That can also be repaired by a gel-coat guy.

I have set a fair reserve and a realistic starting point to avoid non-serious buyers. Please let me know if you have questions and happy bidding.
LOL. Boat is pretty beat. Wish he'd just say that