View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 10:09 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X-1, 2007
Here's my experience with Texas Mastercraft. We bought our '07 X1 in January '11 from a private seller. Stopped the TM on a Saturday in April and inquired about some parts cost, etc... Parts dept. was closed so I left my boat information, phone and e-mail and was told the parts dept. would call me. Never called me.

Fast forward to fall of '12, stopped by TM open house had a good conversation with Jimmy. Seemed like a really nice guy. We inquired about tower braces, because I had heard some people got them free. Jimmy said, "It's hit or miss" (Whether we get free ones or not). We gave him our VIN and they checked on it for us. They said Mastercraft won't give them to us free, but the dealer will give them to us at the employee price $350, down from $500. We also inquired about 4 pop-up cleats. (You can search the past threads I have one about this last December)

I thought it was strange he said it was "hit or miss". So we called BAWS, gave them our VIN and they got us a set of FREE tower braces. We also bought the 4 pop-up cleats from BAWS.

Long story short when we need parts we'll be ordering from BAWS or SkiDIM. SkiDIM was always very helpful when I had my older Supra. It seems like TM doesn't see us as customer that's going to buy a $120K boat so they didn't seem to worried about our business.