View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 12:28 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
I talked to a company that makes these parts. 95% of the type of crank position sensors are the same. They have to be the VR type (Variable Reluctor) - unfortunately when talking to Standard Motor products and other - companies, the sensors are indexed by application not size.

AWS sports did take the time to do the research so I don't begrudge them wanting to make a profit. But I am not giving up.

I think it's good new that they are available - The only thing I did not like is the price AWS quoted for the Indmar ones when Jessie got the Indmar ones thru a dealer for the $40ish price.

The Indmar dealers will probably put pressure on AWS to disclose the solution - so the $120 may be a short lived price.

I wouldn't sacrifice a boating season for $120 or $240 for 2 of them. AWS is a great dealer, I am thrilled to know there's a solution out there.

I let Indmar know there's a solution and where to find it. We'll see where that leads.

I am still waiting for replies from some other companies.