View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 02:51 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft 205, 1999, LTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Thanks everyone for the responses! Russ I'd love to have that house but I think the 80+ mile drive would probably kill me!

My prospective employment is at the Boeing Facility in Kent. I've only had a short visit to the area and I didn't get to experience the traffic but it's one thing I do not want to deal with when going to work. I live 11 miles from work now in Oceanside and it can take me 45 minutes to get to work some days, not a way to start the day in my opinion.

So the closer to work the better, I can handle driving to the lake but a good in between place would be good as well!

I have been looking at homes in the Kent area, there seems to be pockets of good and bad there. I saw some areas around Lake Meridian that didn't seem too bad. Lake Sammamish looks to be a nice lake as well.

I'm an early bird so getting all my runs in early and hanging out on the water the rest of the day is fine with me. Lake Washington was like a washing machine at 2 pm with all the boats running around.

I'll be making a decision soon on the move. I'm scouring the real estate webpages trying to find something that is nice but doesn't break the bank 350-450k range.
Sorry to hear that you are "stuck" on the I-5 corridor due to employment. Was hoping that you had a stay at home job! You could always buy it for recreational property. That is what it is for us. Great Lake and quiet place to spend your weekends at!