View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 09:52 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1987 Prostar 190 PowerSlot, 2004 22' Bennington Pontoon 90 HP Mercury 4-stroke
Aftermarket Fuel Infection for your older MasterCraft

I know several people on this site are looking at ways to increase horsepower in their older mastercrafts or are having problems with their carburetor. Anyone ever consider replacing the carburetor with Holley's Pro-Jection Fuel Injection system? I first became aware of this system from an old Holley overhaul manual and thought I would see if anyone here has experience with it.

As near as I can tell this is a bolt on replacement for a traditional carburetor and can increase power by as much as 25% while improving fuel efficiency (numbers come from various sources so don't quote me). In addition to replacing the carburetor you have to have to add a fuel pump, a return line, and other related stuff. Once installed you there is a computer controller that can be adjusted to meet the performance needs of the application.

Here is a link to a system on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

I looked quickly on the Holley site and didn't find the site too useful and didn't explore too much since I won't likely do this mod myself.