View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 11:55 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worthing skier View Post
Hello All

Fitted in the new throttle cable , but I was not happy with the feel and operation of the lever so I have pulled it completely bits to find 3 broken springs all causing different issues .

1. Spring at the lower part of the lever handle broken , with this broken it allows the lever to go in and out of gear without using the safety pull up lever .

2.Horizontal spring inside small gearbox broken ,this pushes on a detente ball which gives the feel when you have selected forward or reverse ,I could not feel the point when a gear had been selected.

3. Spring on outer throttle cable slider broken , this was allowing the throttle cable to pull before a gear had been fully engaged.

This may help if you have these sort of issues .

Kevin
I bet that feels a whole lot better when you get it all back together. I pulled the throttle apart last year on my '77 and found 35 years of old grease and sand. Just a simple cleaning made a huge difference. Throttle lever clicks crisply in and out of gear now.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com