View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 09:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 M/C 205, 5.7 TBI
Post Thanksgiving update 12/2

Well back at it after eating too much Turkey. Workied on small engine challenges and found three problems. 1) the distributor cap had no continuity between coil and rotor button. Weird. Ignition trigger went kaput and had a fuel bubble in the fuel line. with the help of Tony Davis, fixed those and VAAAROOOOM. Like a champ. Alignment looked OK so decided to stick it in the water to see if I have any leaks- So backed it in and looks good cept I had followed the old pictures for Shift linkage. WRONG. The PO had hooked it up backwards. (Doesn't surprise me based upon the original condition of the boat) Well I decided to launch it to check out alignment and other stuff just idling around. All is good - heck even half of the gauges worked. But docking with shift linkage reversed was interesting- So It was a happy day- I'm on the home stretch- Got some tightning, cleaning squaring away and then it will be done!!!
I will say I do not have alot of positive things to say about the redesign of the Sureflow flushers by PERKO- Leaks right out of the box. Later Winging it by WINGNUT
Attached Images