View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 02:32 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I actually spoke with this appraiser and had my electrician there as well and even though we pointed out in the code where I was legal, he would not back down. When I asked to see it in writing and why FHA code would supercede that of national codes, he simply went on to spout some BS about how a kid could be playing around in a basement and spear a knife thru the wire if it is not in conduit, to which I replied, well, if it is run thru the joists, can't he do the same and doesn't it make it easier for him to jump up and grab it!

In the end, it boils down to this guy needing to make a statement and if I push too far on this he will just ding me on some other BS item that will likely cost me twice as much. Just wanted to make sure that I was not off base though in my thinking and to see what others had experienced. Funny, he never said a word about the electric box itself, but the home inspector did.
Have to pick and choose your battles as it does me no good to win the battle but lose the war.
Give someone a little power and they take advantage of it, plus he needs to justify his job. Sounds like your doing the best option, especially since you want to sell the place.

A kid playing with a knife isn't the best example either. FHA loans stink from a sellers point of view based on your example and my brother had issues too, but his was on comparables and the appraised value of his house.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams