View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 07:29 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar, 1999, 330 LTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5guy View Post
Working with a friend at church who is a sales person at a mega dealer in the area. He's mostly a Ford guy but has access to a GMC branch - I'll get a test drive in the F150 and F250 this week before I make my choice. Don't like the exterior styling personally but will give it a shot based on recommendation here.

I wasn't going to mention the Ford vs Chevy until I read this post. I currently drive a 2013 F150 Eccoboost as my personal truck and a 2013 Chevy 1500 as my work truck. Both are well equipped with all the bells and whistles. The ford is hands down the better truck in my opinion and it's why I choose it last fall. I tow a snowmobile trailer regularly in the winter and occasionally tow my Maristar in the summer. At work I'm often moving small equipment from job site to job site.

Both trucks now offer 6 speed autos and grade braking making mountain driving a breeze and if overall trailer load is a concern I would consider the heavy trailer towing package. Where the Ford really shines is in the visibility with the tow mirrors and I find the interior much roomier (have you sat in the back seat of an F150 crew cab?), but to be honest my '13 Chevy has a dated interior that's all new in '14.

Good luck and I'm sure when you find the right truck for you you'll know it.