View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 05:33 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2007 X Star SS
2007 X Star Restoration

I recently bought a 2007 X Star at auction for 5,000 which was in need of a lot of TLC. The boat currently does not run and needs all new vinyls. I am starting this thread so people can watch the progress or pitch ideas/things that they have done with their boats that would work on my boat. Below is a list of things that I am working/plan on doing to get it up and running. My biggest issue so far is that I am in Cuba, which makes getting some things a little harder. This is my first boat so please share.

Hull:
small gouge, plan on gel coating myself
paint is faded and chalky, have a PC Buffer (any recommendations on compound)?

Cabin:
Everything is in really good shape in the cabin minus the vinyl, I plan on getting the entire boat upholstered once it is running. (recommendations on material to use or where to order materials from)?

Engine:
It has the Indmar 5.7 MCX in it, the mechanic who used to work on it said it would burn 2 qts of oil after 3-4 hrs of use. The mechanic who is working on it now thinks that is was a bad seal somewhere so had me order a gasket kit for it. I order a complete rebuild kit and it will be installed on Mon/Tue. (anyone heard of similar issue of burning oil)?

Can someone with this engine take some detailed photos for reference?

Trailer:
The trailer also needs a lot of work but I plan on fixing it once I get the boat in the water and can get to it. I see powder coat in its future.

parts ordered:
bow/cockpit cover
bimini top
engine rebuild kit
fulton f2 winch
oil filter
belts
impeller

I sure that I have missed some things but I will be posting pics as I work on each project.
Attached Images