View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 09:34 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 91 Mastercraft Prostar
progress has been slow, so many projects. Going this weekend to potentially pickup a Harbor Master aluminum electric powered lift for 800 or so bucks potentially... winter and craigslist stalking has its benefits....

meanwhile I have come to the conclusion that it will be much more work than I thought to be able to see my reflection in my boats entire hull... the buffer was pushed to the point where it got a bit stinky but it is only half as shiny as it is under where the upholstery was removed. Since i've gotten this far my ocd will not allow me to leave it alone. 1000 then 1500 grit wet sanding over the 600 marks then compound and polish... Would have saved much time if i had just gone this way originally but you live and learn.

I'm having my brother whos a graph designer work up some logo ideas, a more modern style or old school stars and stripes with a twist. Will post what he comes up with.

also polished faded black dashboard which came out really good with minimal effort. and removed steering wheel which involved cutting notches in the screws with a dremel as all the Alan keys twisted. I have my eyes on a new grant wheel which will look really nice.
Attached Images