View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 08:06 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRW160 View Post
I haven't heard any complaints about the fit and finish for work done at viper. I have heard complaints about delays and lack of responsiveness. dvsone has them convert his 1 piece sundeck into 3 piece and has some issues with the fit, but he shipped his stuff to them and did not have the work done there. If I were getting my whole interior redone, I would bank on my boat being there for 2-3 months. Their prices are on the high side, but most of the time you get what you pay for. I had several quotes just for skins that were in the range of a whole viper interior. The time it takes to remove the interior and install the skins would make it worth it. I do almost everything I can myself, but that is something I would pay someone else to do.
2-3 months is absurd! Removing the interior shouldn't take a whole day, re-installing it would take a bit longer than removing it. Separating the pieces from each skin, layout/cutting the new ones and sewing them together takes the most time. If they need to rebuild the foam, that would add to it but I doubt all of it would need this because not every seat/cushion is used equally. The only other thing that could cause this to take so long is availability of the material- if the manufacturer doesn't have it in stock and it's not available form a distributor, they have to wait- if it's out of stock, a small run would cost a fortune.

I don't know how large Viper is or how specialized their people are, but if it takes 2-3 months, I have to wonder why.