View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 10:26 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 91 Mastercraft Prostar
1991 Mastercraft Prostar 190 Restoration

Hey all. Long time reader first time poster! I have gained so much knowledge from these forums that I knew when I started my project I had to document it for others to enjoy.

So, I bought a 91 Prostar 190 powerslot this fall for 7k. I did my best based on knowledge I gained from here and from my previous boat purchases but still held my breath while my local mastercraft dealer checked out the boat. They noted it leaked from the exhaust outlet ports and had a miss in the engine but compression was within 2lbs of perfect on all cyls. I decided that i would have the carb rebuilt and the points replaced and would purchase an ACME three blade this winter. I had a craigslist person help me winterize the boat and this is where my restoration begins. I am stripping decals, wet sanding, stripping the interior and basically making it look the best I can on a busch light budget as someone else had said. I am going to try and figure out how to post pictures and I will add them below. Thanks for looking.