View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 10:24 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
If it was such a good health care plan, they wouldn't require all of us to enroll and be subject to penalties if we don't. I haven't seen any proof that costs will decrease and yesterday, in a rare occasion when I had a local talk radio show on (I normally don't listen to ANY talk radio), an insurance agency owner called and said his own rates for health insurance had increased by about $250/month. His health and the health of his family hasn't changed, yet he's now paying $3000 more, per year.

If they had required people to stop engaging in risky behavior, bad diet and no exercise, it might not be so bad but when people continue to eat mostly junk/fast food, sit on their butt and drink/drug their way through life but still get free health care, we need to step up and say "NO MORE!" to the government.
Has anyone heard of "good success stories" of the new Health Care System?!? Me, I've not heard anything positive. Costing our company an extra $4.2MM dollars for the ACA. Deductables went up (before $250-now $500), coverage down (max out of pocket befor $9600, now $19200). Emergency room (before - $150, now - 20%.....huge!)

1994 205, LT1