View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 05:31 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilhelmwake View Post
Ok. I took the prop off the shaft and firstly have to say that I could not believe my eye when trying out the harmonic prop puller... That thing REALLY works. I barely touched it with the hammer and the prop came right off. I am hugely impressed and won't be using the C clamp puller any longer. I highly recommend having a HP HanDY NEXT TIME YOU think of upgrading your prop.
Anyway, the prop that the boat had is a OJ 13.7 x 19.5 I believe... It was very hard reading the size from the end of the prop as the numbers were somewhat worn... So now I believe I was right by thinking after the test drive that the boat did not plane as a sports cars... Even with this huge big engine I believe there has to be a much much better prop out there for surfing and general cruising that would transmit the engine power &torque to water better than this tiny prop does? I have a 1285 now, should I stick to that or go with something else?

What kind of RPM's are you turning at WOT, hows' the hole shot, how is getting up on plane compared to previous prop... lot's to think about..... Talk to Eric at OJ or Acme -