View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 11:23 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
+1 on this... Tex speaks from experience - trick release... if safety is your concern, don;t go cheap on it - the medical bills are far higher than the cost of a release.

Don't even ask me how much i spent this year fixing my right arm due to an injury that took place 2 years ago (handle popped back into the boat and hit me)... Noone skis behind my boat ever again without a shock tube now. Seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMLVMI View Post
This is a bit harsh, but if you can afford a 2007 X2, you can afford an automatic rope release. Don't ever try to "rig something up" when it comes to safety. Take the time and money to do it right...it's your kid we're talking about.

Shock tubes have a lifespan. Was observing in my buddies boat when a heavy guy who couldn't get out of the water popped the handle from 60' away and it came right at my head. If I hadn't been watching it would have been lights out. He had a shock tube on there, but it had no structure or "rigidity" left in the foam. Should be replaced every few years.
No kidding. If I was afraid for my kids safety, I'd spend the 75 or 100 bucks. Don't rely on a zap strap.