View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 08:50 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 Tristar 190 Sport (Closed Bow), 351W w/ GT-40's
Diversitech locking ball mount-Update

Just an update in case anyone else has their eyes on this brand of locking ball mount. I ordered a unit from Trailer Hitch Source on 10/1/13, one of the retailer/distributors listed on their website. Got a confirmation e-mail, but no tracking info, and no other communications. After a week or so, tried contacting them, no luck, but they had already charged my credit card (hate when they do that). Called Diversitech and they have apparently been bought by Progress Manufacturing Inc. They are both out of Utah, but they are moving the manufacturing to a single site and the order was listed as 'backordered.' The person I spoke with was helpful, and indicated that they actually would be the company that would drop ship the item directly to me and they confirmed the order, but said it would be approx. 4 weeks. They suggested checking a few other distributors such as e-trailer, which I did. None of them had anything in stock, and one of them indicated they had been backordered since June. So, not thinking the prospects were great that I would ever see my item, I canceled the order, and I'm working with them to provide a credit back.

Suggest anyone who wants one to call the retailer first and have them check the stock prior to ordering.
I ordered a chrome plated ball mount from Summit. It will be here on Monday.