Adjust V Block on Trailer
My dad and I recently adjusted the V block on my trailer. The bow eye seemed to get hung up on the V block at almost every ramp I used. It didn't seem to matter whether we floated the boat off or powered it off, the bow eye got stuck at the V block.
In order to fix the problem, we cut out a channel in the V block, then ground it smooth. After that, we welded support gussets to each side of the V block. Followed that up with paint and re-fitting the V block pads.
Here are a few pictures of before, during and after the project. It took a little under two hours start to finish including unloading the boat, leaving it in the lake, and loading the boat upon completion. No beers were consumed during the process as we did it on a weekday morning.
The new V block works great. Boat can slide off the trailer without getting caught.
Helps to have a welder in the family. My dad is a retired industrial arts teacher and had a welding business in central Minnesota for over 25 years, specializing in boat propeller repair.