View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 05:11 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Well, just finished my first winterization on my 2002 xstar. Filled a roughneck tub with water and kept the hose running. Ran a 1.25" hose from tub to water pump where raw water line connects. Ran the engine until temp reached 150 degrees. Changed oil. Ran again to get temps up. Shut off then emptied the tub of water and filled with 6 gallons of boat antifreeze and fired it up again and ran until the pink stuff came out the exhaust. Fogged engine.

Then did the ballast system which has a ball valve shutoff upstream from a T that allowed me to attach a short length of garden hose with the other end in a gallon of marine antifreeze. Ran each ballast pump until the antifreeze came through into a catch basin. Cleaned up and put the tarp on.

Am I done? Must admit, it is a bit freaky wondering if the antifreeze got to all the necessary places. Any suggestions on something I missed or should double check?
? - Did you drain the block water prior to running on antifreeze? If not you have at least 50% diluted antifreeze in the block. This is an important step or you need to start with a much higher freeze rating antifreeze. If you started with -25, I would suggest just dry blocking from here, empty the J hose and tranny elbow, blow out the heater if you have one and you would be safe.