View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 05:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209 - MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
I have seven of the BTs in my garage. Over the years, one or another would go dead, typically from a surge when the power flicks off and back on. The first time, BT warranted their product. The last two times, they would not warranty saying that I had mine too long (I owned less than 10 years VS their 10 year warranty), so my song and dance to Battery Tender folks includes a middle hand digit aimed in that direction...

I keep my batteries plugged in year-round. No need to take them anywhere other than their designated placement. The beauty of plug-and-play-and-forget.

Done with Battery Tender due to their warranty service. After being a loyal customer for eight years, they won't honor my older warranties.. . Going to another brand...

+1 on a trickle charge. Ever leave a pan of boiling water on the stove forever? Same principle...
Sorry to hear about your bad luck with Deltran.
I have 5 Battery Tenders. Two of them are the older original Battery Tenders and never had a problem with any of them. My most recent is a Jr. I bought last year.

Last edited by JDC; 10-05-2013 at 05:38 PM.