View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 05:24 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk View Post
Is it really necessary to put a hole in the bottom of the bucket to hook up to the raw water intake. If you just had a flexible hose connected to the raw water intake, couldn't you just stick it down into the bucket? I would think that the raw water pump would have enough head to pull the water out of the bucket without gravity's help.

Other idea that I had was to place a long rectangular Rubbermaid tub behind the boat under the exhaust flaps. Then run a flexible hose from the raw water intake, out, up, and over, down to the tub. This way you could re-circulate the water until the water started getting too hot. Anyone tried this? Should work if the raw water pump has enough head capacity.
You do not have to drill a hole in the bottom of the pail. Running a hose over the top works just fine. I use a tub and have a small hole drilled through to secure a 1x2 which I zip-tie the garden hose and the hose that goes to the oil cooler. Could just as easily duct tape the hose to a rock to keep them at the bottom. I have a valve at the top of the tub to regulate water flow into the tub.
Attached Images

Tandem Axle Trailer Special
Includes: 4 T07 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda
Loadstar KR03 Radial tires, mount and balance
Free Delivery

ALUMINUM WHEEL AND TIRE PACKAGES
SINGLE AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $369
SINGLE AXLE 15" PACKAGE STARTING AT $439
TANDEM AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $649
LED lights, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts
GOLF CART TIRES & WHEELS

PM me or email tiresplease@gmail.com