View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 05:24 PM
MC Master Poster
Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Originally Posted by blackhawk View Post
Is it really necessary to put a hole in the bottom of the bucket to hook up to the raw water intake. If you just had a flexible hose connected to the raw water intake, couldn't you just stick it down into the bucket? I would think that the raw water pump would have enough head to pull the water out of the bucket without gravity's help.

Other idea that I had was to place a long rectangular Rubbermaid tub behind the boat under the exhaust flaps. Then run a flexible hose from the raw water intake, out, up, and over, down to the tub. This way you could re-circulate the water until the water started getting too hot. Anyone tried this? Should work if the raw water pump has enough head capacity.
You do not have to drill a hole in the bottom of the pail. Running a hose over the top works just fine. I use a tub and have a small hole drilled through to secure a 1x2 which I zip-tie the garden hose and the hose that goes to the oil cooler. Could just as easily duct tape the hose to a rock to keep them at the bottom. I have a valve at the top of the tub to regulate water flow into the tub.
Attached Images

Two Chrome 10 hole wheels with Kenda Loadstar radials.
Mounted, balanced & delivered.
With ST205/75R14..........$309
With ST215/75R14..........$346

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $199 Parts, labor & return shipping included
Holley Marine 4160 Freshly Rebuilt $349 - Delivered (no core charge)

Originally Posted by Bouyhead View Post
Installed my carb that was rebuilt by thatsmrmastsercraft, Thanks Peter!! Hot or cold this boat starts and runs like it fuel injected.