View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 05:17 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk View Post
Is it really necessary to put a hole in the bottom of the bucket to hook up to the raw water intake. If you just had a flexible hose connected to the raw water intake, couldn't you just stick it down into the bucket? I would think that the raw water pump would have enough head to pull the water out of the bucket without gravity's help.

Other idea that I had was to place a long rectangular Rubbermaid tub behind the boat under the exhaust flaps. Then run a flexible hose from the raw water intake, out, up, and over, down to the tub. This way you could re-circulate the water until the water started getting too hot. Anyone tried this? Should work if the raw water pump has enough head capacity.
I just stick the flexible hose into the bucket.

JimN used to talk about how they had a big catch can of antifreeze. But like you mention, with water, you're going to get to the end of its cooling capacity pretty fast. Easier to take what you collect and just water the lawn with it or something.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.