View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 11:47 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
As this boat is a ways from you, I would contact the seller and ask for more detailed and close up pictures to determine if the boat is as clean as it looks in the craigslist posting. Tandem trailer is a plus, boat looks clean and complete. Price for these is always at a premium. This price doesn't seem out of hand, although a 93 without the Stars & Stripes could be had for less and still have the same great slalom wake.
IIRC they played with engine placement a little in 93. WSM boat review noted that the S&S190 had the best wakes of the three. Granted this is quibbling over details. I was told that this was the placement used in the 94 ps190, which is widely regarded as one of the greatest slalom wakes ever. This could be bad info, but was told to me by a reasonably knowledgeable dealer.
That said, the tandem trailer is nice, and the bimini that will need glass work to cover the holes where they attached the hardware will cost a little extra, so I'd say those wash. Seems about right on the price from what I've seen. My brother drove from Michigan to Virginia to get his 93 S&S. You could ask him, but I don't think he's regretted it for a moment.
These boats turn heads like no other MasterCraft I've seen.