View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 01:06 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
There is no need to buy a new ski if you are learning the course.

I sold phntmski a good A1 for $150 blank. There has been other ski deals like that too.

Ski some skis then buy a used ski somewhere. Phntmski has an A1 w approach bindings. He tried my med approaches and they were too small. I sold my approaches for $100 to another club member. (I too wear L).

Less than $300 and you can have a $1300-$1500 setup. If the ski looks new then it probably was not abused.

I run shortline and get into -38 a few times a year. TRR can vouch that Sunday was my 3rd time out in 9 weeks. So there are skis out there that good skiers have that are not worn out. A good skier is not going to be on a entry level ski. Keep looking online. The 14's are releasing since its after nationals and lots of people are peaked out and trying new products. More than likely someone will buy a 14 latest and greatest and you can get a good ski cheap.

In my ski career that has gone through the nationals, I can say I've only been on 2 brand new skis. The other 5-6 have been used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....