View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 12:47 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper View Post
Are you a big fella? 69 and 71 inch skis are very long. If you are 185lbs or less you may wanna go way down to a 67 inch ski. You would probably be able to run a 68 inch ski up into 220 lbs. You cannot go wrong with Radar. They are great skis.

Learning to ride the dumb things is what gets tough. Body position is critical, especially as you get deeper into the course. Bendnig the knees, getting the hips forward, keeping the handle at or below hip level at all times, quickly transitioning, paitiently waiting to hook up, you have nothing but fun times in your future.
Triumph not a bad ski - Skipper is right.. I ride a 69 triumph and a 69 Coefficient xl/s - weigh 193... will be dropping to 185 hopefully for next season. Ski the Triumph mostly to ski slower to get my form right. I would be concerned more about form over the ski.

I saw vid of the owner of Pine Lake Ski school run the course in two skis.. if that's not turn a bus I don't know what is..

If you want the turn to feel like it's snapping around... the xl