View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 12:06 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
This is basically what I do.

Winterization Checklist

Dewinterization Checklist

As for fogging, with the engine running (and utilizing a water source) lift the flame arrestor and spray fogging oil (or slowly pour Marvel's Mystery Oil) into the carburetor or throttle body. Don't be stingy with the fogging oil. Kill the engine. At this point, you can remove the spark plugs and fog the cylinders if you like, but I wouldn't bother if you can fog through the intake as mentioned above.

On the oil, I would probably say it's fine through the winter.

I would change the transmission fluid before layup.

On antifreeze, if you have a PCM marinization, drain the block and risers, remove the hose from the water pump that goes to the t-stat housing, raise it above the t-stat housing and pour about 3 gallons of RV antifreeze into the block. The PCM marinizations have a bypass that will allow the antifreeze to flow into the block even if the engine is not warm. Do not dillute RV antifreeze.

If you don't have a PCM marinization, you can suck antifreeze into a drained block via the water intake. Fill a five gallon bucket and don't forget to fog the intake as the bucket is running out.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.